hitman0118
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Globe
Default blackberry crashed

Please Login to Remove!

Hey Guys,

i installed 4 new themes on my blackberry 8700g earlier, the application was successful but after i disconnected it with my desktop manager it reset it self and now it only has the red LED flashing for a wile and the hourglass for the start up which is not pushing thru over and over, it will do the start up then go off over and over. can somebody help me on this scenario?
i got all my contacts and appointments and docs in my berry and i cant open and access it anymore. it wont stop flashing the start up hourglass then lights off over and over.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:22 PM   #2
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
PIN: ups! ;)
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman0118 View Post
Hey Guys,

i installed 4 new themes on my blackberry 8700g earlier, the application was successful but after i disconnected it with my desktop manager it reset it self and now it only has the red LED flashing for a wile and the hourglass for the start up which is not pushing thru over and over, it will do the start up then go off over and over. can somebody help me on this scenario?
i got all my contacts and appointments and docs in my berry and i cant open and access it anymore. it wont stop flashing the start up hourglass then lights off over and over.
Post moved to the right section.

www.horizonwirelessonline.com - Unlocks and Repairs
Old 07-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

This can happen when loading software. Good news is your BB can be saved. The bad news...if you don't have a backup all your data is gone.

To save the berry start here:

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

If that fails here:

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

Then here:

How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

Be patient and your berry will most likely be ok. Get impatient and you will have issues. It can take up to 1.25 hours

Good Luck!

E-

Old 07-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #4
jonabyte
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703
Carrier: Telus

Pull the battery for 30secs
Old 07-02-2008, 08:20 AM   #5
hitman0118

thanks guys, and sorry if i posted in the wrong area...

i tried the soft, double soft and hard format but still wont push thru.
i experienced it before in a 7290 but only for an hour then my berry was functional again. its been already overnight since it started and still the same cycle goes on and on. was thinking of hitting the reset button with the paper clip but it wont work coz the powering up of the unit is not pushing thru. event the desktop manager cant detect the unit no more. hope fully i still have more patience in waiting up for another day for my berry to be ok. thanks for the help guys. hope fully i can bring back my berry in time.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
thanks guys, and sorry if i posted in the wrong area...

i tried the soft, double soft and hard format but still wont push thru.
i experienced it before in a 7290 but only for an hour then my berry was functional again. its been already overnight since it started and still the same cycle goes on and on. was thinking of hitting the reset button with the paper clip but it wont work coz the powering up of the unit is not pushing thru. event the desktop manager cant detect the unit no more. hope fully i still have more patience in waiting up for another day for my berry to be ok. thanks for the help guys. hope fully i can bring back my berry in time.
So you downloaded installed and ran JL_Cmdr and it would stay connected?

If so see the second link and keep trying, it's a matter of catching it at the right time during the boot. Once it works you will have a 507 error on the screen which means it is ready for you to follow the last step of loading the OS back onto the device.

E-

Old 07-02-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
hitman0118

i have a code: error: unable to open port

still got no luck in reviving my berry, hope you guys can help me with my situation here.

thanks.

i got the JL_cmdr and tried doing the instructions you gave but still no luck. all it has when i connect to the usb is the red led flash for about 3-5 sec. then the hour glass appears and shuts down going back to red led flash over and over.

and then wen i was doing the wipe wile there are no power on the berry, all i can see is the icon of the crossed out battery and a 3second red led flash.

Last edited by hitman0118; 07-02-2008 at 05:46 PM..
Old 07-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #8
Thatzmister2u
Retired BBF Moderator

Quote:
i have a code: error: unable to open port

still got no luck in reviving my berry, hope you guys can help me with my situation here.

thanks.

i got the JL_cmdr and tried doing the instructions you gave but still no luck. all it has when i connect to the usb is the red led flash for about 3-5 sec. then the hour glass appears and shuts down going back to red led flash over and over.

and then wen i was doing the wipe wile there are no power on the berry, all i can see is the icon of the crossed out battery and a 3second red led flash.
What was the result when you follow these steps exactly?

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

Closed Thread