it sucks i dont know why did they do that ahh
Old 01-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #22
littleman
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

Wirelessly posted

Did you delete the text? (The home page) all but the www. I did the update and I'm running a 8310 it should work. This is how I did it

While on the net I hit the berry button

Went to options
Browser config
Scroled down past home page address. To use current. Scroled up one click to the end of the homepage address. I get a cursor. I then use the delete button on the keyboard all the way to www. Then I type in the home page.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #23
littleman

Wirelessly posted

Oh yea click the ball and hit save options and your done
Old 01-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #24
littleman

Wirelessly posted

And I don't think your an idiot. I'm just trying to help if I thought u were an idiot I would have stoped trying. I would like to help
Old 01-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #25
marekcarey
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: T-Mobile

i didnt mean aynthing bad at you, i told it generaly
and i cant do it, i cant delete the text there, there is tobile homepage and i cant delete it or edit i can do nothing:(
Old 01-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #26
dustrho
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: US Cellular

Wirelessly posted

The homepage showing for me is BB's mobile homepage. I can't delete or change mine either. Any suggestions? This changed after I upgraded to 4.5.0.89.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #27
jrarjrar

I have the same problem on v4.5.0.66. If I go to the Options from the default BB Mobile page, there is no Use Current button at the bottom and the Home Page Address cannot be delete or cut. Going to Options from Google, there is a Use Current button and I can edit the Home Page Address so it SAYS Google.com is the home page, and I can save these changes. However, when the browser is closed and reopened, the BB Mobile page continues to appear!

Someone find a trick to make this stop, please.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #28
littleman

Wirelessly posted

I have and use 4.5.081 with no trouble. Try updating. Can't think of why u can't. Last thing I've got.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:30 AM   #29
MsDarkDiva

Carrier: Telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrho View Post
Wirelessly posted

The homepage showing for me is BB's mobile homepage. I can't delete or change mine either. Any suggestions? This changed after I upgraded to 4.5.0.89.
I'm stuck with the BB mobile homepage as well. I've noticed that when I toggle the browser from the Internet Browser to Telus WAP browser and then back again, it does allow me to then change the homepage to Google (where I'd like it to be), but when I close and reopen- I'm back to the BB homepage!
Old 02-08-2009, 04:43 AM   #30
Indiana8820

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekcarey View Post
i didnt mean aynthing bad at you, i told it generaly
and i cant do it, i cant delete the text there, there is tobile homepage and i cant delete it or edit i can do nothing:(
You are in the media net browser. You can't change the home page in the media net browser.

Go to options>Advanced Options>Browser and set the default Browser to Internet Browser.

If there is no option for Internet browser then go to options>Advanced Options> Host Routing Table, click on the menu key (in between the track ball and the send button) and send Register Now. Wait about a minute or two and you will get an instant message. Do not delete the message. Within a minute, you should see the Internet Browser show up as an option.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #31
dustrho

I only have Internet Browser to choose from, so I'm not sure why I can't change my homepage. I've just chosen to go with the Opera Mini browser for the time being.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #32
MsDarkDiva

I've just found an answer that is working on my Telus 8130!

(Sorry I couldn't post the link here- I don't have enough posts yet on BB Fourms to do so... Just take out the spaces before "com").

forums.crackberry. com/f72/how-do-i-change-browser-home-page-132587/#post13942
Old 02-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #33
pantheon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: Turkcell

Don't change adress!!

Just

Change ur..

start page:

to

"start page"

its normally "home page"

Its under Under emulation mode..

And its gone..
Old 02-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #34
MsDarkDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantheon View Post
Don't change adress!!

Just Change ur.. start page: to "start page" its normally "home page" Its under Under emulation mode..

And its gone..
Sorry, but that didn't work for me or for some other people.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #35
pantheon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: Turkcell

Can't change it like this?

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/748...4834rx0.th.jpg
Old 02-10-2009, 01:19 PM   #36
MsDarkDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantheon View Post
Can't change it like this?
Thanks, but again no, I cannot change it like that.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:46 AM   #37
BBCurveUser

Model: curve
Carrier: at&t
Post Try this, simple and hard to find

MarekCarey, I had a similar problem as yours but I could not get to any websites at all. I was stuck in a loop. I did not even have the "go to" option.

Open your browser, whichever one and go to your menu and choose CLOSE. Open the browser again, now go to your desired homepage by clicking "go to" from the menu. Once loaded, go to the menu again and choose options, you should now have a button labeled "USE CURRENT", click it and be sure to SAVE.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #38
Barfaroo

Model: 8330

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCurveUser View Post
MarekCarey, I had a similar problem as yours but I could not get to any websites at all. I was stuck in a loop. I did not even have the "go to" option.

Open your browser, whichever one and go to your menu and choose CLOSE. Open the browser again, now go to your desired homepage by clicking "go to" from the menu. Once loaded, go to the menu again and choose options, you should now have a button labeled "USE CURRENT", click it and be sure to SAVE.

Hope this helps.
Actually, none of the above suggestions work. After upgrading to 4.5, I no long have the option of changing emulation mode or the home page. It simply isn't possible to edit it. You can't delete it or modify it in any way.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #39
Gersh1978

Model: 8830
Carrier: U.S. Cellular
Default Temporary Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrho View Post
I seem to be having a very similar problem on my 8130 Pearl. I just upgraded to 4.5.0.89 and noticed that every time I start up the browser it goes to the BB home page. I am constantly changing the setting so that it either goes to Weather Underground or to the Bookmarks, and after the browser is closed and started back up again it loses those settings and is right back to having mobile.blackberry.com as the home page. WTF?!?

Now here is where it gets REALLY WEIRD...

After browsing to any site, I'll go into the Browser Configuration menu and everything is set just the way I want it. Weather Underground is my home page, and all other options are perfectly fine for me. It seems that once the browser is closed and started, the first time it launches back up it's set to Default or something.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I had no issues like this when I was running 4.3.x.

I have a solution that will work as long as you don't take the battery out of your device.

Browser>Options>General Properties - scroll down to 'Repeat Animations:' change this number to any number. SAVE
Then go back to Browser Configuration and change the Browser to Internet Explorer.
You will then be able to change the home page.
I use the Start Page: Start Page.

This will work as long as you don't remove the battery. I am able to CLOSE the browser and it re-opens on the start page.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #40
j3lit

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

This worked for me.

Go to Options/Mobile Network

Then go down to your carrier and hit the roller. It should bring up an option to run the diagnostics test. If your data plan is set up through your carrier, this should fix your problem. Run the test, give it a minute to finish, and when it's done your phone should have the Internet Browser option on it to go along with MediaNet. For some reason, when your browser is configured to MediaNet, they will not allow you to change the home address. When your configuration gets changed to Internet Browser, you will be allowed.
Closed Thread