BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 06:33 PM   #21
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

Please Login to Remove!

I had issues with QuickIM when I switched to the Pearl. They were less than helpful and at times didn't bother responding to any of my emails so I thought after 2 years of using their app it was time to move on. A friend of mine told me about mig33 so I use that for MSN Messenger now and it's free which is nice.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:58 AM   #22
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT

What is the hubub over VeriChat? Did you guys even try transfering it to your new BB before slamming them? I didn't even know about this thread when I got my new 8100. Just installed the version I was using on my 8700, entered the requisite info, and voila...it worked fine.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:25 PM   #23
Alimah
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
PIN: 30156F9E
Carrier: Sprint

When I upgraded from my 7510 to 7520, I just downloaded it again and put the same license code in. I did not have any problem.

PIN # 30156F9E
Old 10-29-2006, 08:36 PM   #24
MistahQ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

if i dont pay for an instant messenger client on my desktop, i dont think i should have to pay for one on the blackberry....we already pay for the data connection
Old 10-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #25
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

that suxx sorry to hear that.

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 11-04-2006, 08:19 PM   #26
wireless
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: SPRINT-TMobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahQ
if i dont pay for an instant messenger client on my desktop, i dont think i should have to pay for one on the blackberry....we already pay for the data connection
So tell me, how long have you been working for FREE? Must be great to be so personable that you can get People to give you Free Computers and a Building to run your business out off and then get the Software developers and Customer Support Personnel to sit there all day for free as well. I must need to sharpen my communication skills cause I sure cannot do it.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #27
powlaz

Model: 7100t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankypoo
They responded to your email? You're one of the lucky ones!

I honestly can't remember having a worse experience dealing with any software company. Ever.
I'm going through the same thing now. Email the problem, 2 days to get an email back and I'm not getting an answer . . . just more questions. Don't they know all the questions that need to be asked in the first place??? I've got to start a thread here and beg for help because the wonderful folks at VeriChat haven't solved my problem in 3 weeks. They just KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS. AAHHHHH!!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #28
pdutta2000
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless
So tell me, how long have you been working for FREE? Must be great to be so personable that you can get People to give you Free Computers and a Building to run your business out off and then get the Software developers and Customer Support Personnel to sit there all day for free as well. I must need to sharpen my communication skills cause I sure cannot do it.
What the heck are you talking about? The other poster's point was right on. You don't pay for IM on a desktop so why not wait till RIM releases it for their software. If you happen to be a third party provider that builds IM software...tough. You picked a bad area to make long-term money in. It's just a matter of time before RIM puts IM capability into their software to keep up with the other providers.
Closed Thread