Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 08:04 PM   #1
Nic26

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Desktop Manager install errors

Please Login to Remove!

I just got a BB 8310 and I am trying to put music on it, but here's the problem. I used the disc and installed roxio media manager w/ the desktop manager n all that. Well when I double click on media manager, it says "Please wait while Windows configures DOA". then it comes up with a menu saying that it's missing DOA.msi. Then, " Error 1706. No valid source could be found for DOA. The windows installer cannot continue." After that Roxio media manager for BlackBerry tries to start up, and it says there is a runtime error and doesn't even start up. I have no idea what to do. I uninstalled it then installed it again and I got the same problem. Please, does anyone know what to do???????

Last edited by Nic26; 10-20-2007 at 08:07 PM..
Old 10-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Nic, love that thread title, very informative!

First, welcome to the Forums.

Are you running Vista on your PC? If so, uninstall and delete what you have installed with Desktop Manager. Go to the link below and download and install the latest version of Desktop Manager, version 4.2, Service pack 2.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
Nic26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Nic, love that thread title, very informative!

First, welcome to the Forums.

Are you running Vista on your PC? If so, uninstall and delete what you have installed with Desktop Manager. Go to the link below and download and install the latest version of Desktop Manager, version 4.2, Service pack 2.
Thanks, lol. Sorry, I installed version 4.2.2, and I have windows xp. But what I did was when it was configuring, was cancelled them real quick and roxio started up for me. Now I'm having a problem with putting music on it. It's saying there isn't enough disc space. I'm trying to put the music on the device itself and it has 19mb of memory which is more than enough. But it still says not enough disc space.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Your are limited to file sizes of about 2.8 mb in the device memory.

I would not recommend adding a great number of MP3s to your device memory.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:01 PM   #5
Nic26

Quote:
Your are limited to file sizes of about 2.8 mb in the device memory.

I would not recommend adding a great number of MP3s to your device memory.
oh ok. I was wondering why it wasn't working. Thanks for changing the thread title too . I'm gonna get a 2gb micro sd card really soon, only $20. This is my first blackberry. Love it so far!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:18 PM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Get as much media (pictures, videos, personal ringtones, music) over to the SD card. Follow the instructions at the FAQ site about enabling mass storage and I would recommend scrapping Roxio at that point.

Good luck.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #7
CanesFan

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Get as much media (pictures, videos, personal ringtones, music) over to the SD card. Follow the instructions at the FAQ site about enabling mass storage and I would recommend scrapping Roxio at that point.

Good luck.
Hi, first post here.

Are you saying that if I can get a microSD card and keep my pics and music on that I do not really need the media manager thing that comes with the desktop manager software?

I have vista business and when I tried to install it kept having problems and it would download everything except the media manager. The wizard kept saying I had an older version of some roxio stuff and it could not remove it (Sony laptop)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:44 AM   #8
klymacx
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint / AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesFan View Post
Hi, first post here.

Are you saying that if I can get a microSD card and keep my pics and music on that I do not really need the media manager thing that comes with the desktop manager software?

I have vista business and when I tried to install it kept having problems and it would download everything except the media manager. The wizard kept saying I had an older version of some roxio stuff and it could not remove it (Sony laptop)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
once you have the card in and formated you can just go into my computer, and youll see the black berry and the card as a removable drive. its just drag and drop from there. no you really dont need the roxio media manager
Old 12-11-2007, 12:47 AM   #9
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klymacx View Post
once you have the card in and formated you can just go into my computer, and youll see the black berry and the card as a removable drive. its just drag and drop from there. no you really dont need the roxio media manager
Old 12-11-2007, 02:40 PM   #10
CanesFan

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by klymacx View Post
Ok, thanks for the help . This will help a lot and now I don't have to worry about figuring out why the media manager won't install.

I've saved the link the BB FAQ to my favorites to read up on all the good stuff like formatting the microSD card.

Thanks again.
Closed Thread