Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
whitey0918

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rodgers
Default Recognition of Media Storage - USB Connection

Please Login to Remove!

I recently purchased a Blackberry Pearl 8100. I also purchased a 2gb SD Micro memory chip. The phone recognizes the media storage chip with no problem when I go to Advanced Options - Media Card, its there. When I plug into my computer through the USB connection, using BB Desktop Manager Version 4.2.2.14, it recognizes the cell phone and the device memory, but does not recognize the 2gb micro chip. Further, it does not show up as a external drive device in windows explorer (running Windows XP). I'm not sure if this is a setting issue or if it is the phone itself. Any advise or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (8800: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Make certain that you have Mass Storage enabled at Options > Advanced > Media Card.
You may to afterwards reboot the BlackBerry by pulling the battery while powered on.
Good luck.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
whitey0918

I have checked the setting under the Media Card - Media Card Support is 'on", Mass Storage Mode Support is "on", and Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected is "prompt" (I have also changed this to yes - it didn't help). Total and Free space is 1.9 gb. I pulled the battery when it was on as you suggested but the same problem exists, through USB connecton BB Desk Manager and Windows Explorer do not see the media storage chip.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:54 PM   #4
samaguilar23

Model: 8320
Carrier: Telcel

Try This

The reason that the Micro SD card is not showing up in the Roxio Media Manager is all tied to the PC not mounting the micro card properly inside Windows (*I should have guessed, it's another 'windoze' thing - sorry for the previous slamming, ROXIO).

My Micro SD card had an assignmet of F: for the drive mount (the letter the card uses to mount to your computer, i.e. C: is normally your hard drive). I already had something assigned to that letter, so the drive simply didn't show up -- with no obvious reason why...

I'm sure this one solution will probably resolve numerous related issues that people are experiencing.

SO--

If formatting and then adjusting the Mass Storage Device settings on your bb doesn't do the trick, then try this:

1) Go to the Control Panel and open Administrative tools>Computer Management

2) Select Storage>Disk Management

3) Select the 'Blackberry' Volume (you should be able to see it if it is formatted and healthy)

4) Right click on the Blackberry Volume and select "Change Drive Letter and Paths.."

6) Change it to the drive letter of your choice (make sure something else isn't already using the same letter)

7) When done, might need to unplug (unmount) your card or BB from the PC and plug it back in again.

You can now access everything within the Roxio Media Manager, given the SD card is mounting properly.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #5
whitey0918

Thanks for the reply samaguilar23. I followed your instructions but the 2 gb sd micro chip does not show up in disk management. I am totally confused. I can store on the disk by using the phone - the memory is there when I check media card but when I connect by usb the 2 gb chip does not show up. Any other suggestions?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:08 AM   #6
sl@sh
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: t-mobile

I have the same issuse but usually if i reboot my phone it works most of the time. also seems to help if i go to opions on desktop manager / connection and click detect then go back into media manager. I know this is not much help. Good Luck.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:30 AM   #7
Nine29

Carrier: at&t

I just bought a Pearl (AT&T) and a SanDisk 2gb MicroSD card for it. After reading the posts here, I formatted the card in my computer (FAT32), installed it into the Pearl but did NOT select the Mass Media Storage option when prompted on the initial reboot. I used the Desktop Manager program's Media Manager and selected the songs (.mp3's) and pics (.jpg's) from my computer and added them to the media card installed in the Pearl. Everything transferred fine, including the song and pic properties and it all works great! This is truly a sweet phone...sure beats my old V551!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:51 PM   #8
whitey0918

I still have not been able to solve my issue from my email thread dated october 28th. Does anyone else have any suggestions on what maight be wrong and how to
Old 10-31-2007, 07:52 PM   #9
whitey0918

I still have not been able to solve my issue from my email thread dated october 28th. Does anyone else have any suggestions on what might be wrong and how to fix it.

Sorry, I hit post before it was complete.
Closed Thread