Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 12:44 PM   #1
jenfavre
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Not all BIS mail showing up on BB

Please Login to Remove!

I'm on BIS and I'm noticing not all my email is arriving to my 8320. I'd say about 90% of it shows up, but generally when I check my inbox on a computer I've got emails in there that never showed up on the blackberry. Emails can be from the same user/domain and will sometimes show up on the blackberry and sometimes not. I've yet to find a common denominator for all the messages not showing up. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #2
onyx00
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A

I saw something like this. One thing to check is that you don't have any filters that might cause this (like the common filter to prevent sent e-mails from showing up).

Also, I noticed that, for example, with the Facebook application installed, some Facebook related e-mails don't get delivered to my mailbox, instead they basically get "delivered" to the Facebook application and do not show up in my mail on the Blackberry. So maybe you are seeing something similar?
Old 11-06-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
jenfavre

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx00 View Post
I saw something like this. One thing to check is that you don't have any filters that might cause this (like the common filter to prevent sent e-mails from showing up).
Now that you mention it, I think that may be the problem for the majority of emails not going through. I'll set up additional filters to see if that solves it. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2007, 01:09 PM   #4
secretspaz

I also noticed that after I updated to .180.
I just resent the Service Books and now everything is fine =)
Old 11-06-2007, 03:53 PM   #5
unknownvirus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

im having a big problem with not getting all my gmail sent to my device
i have no filters and ive now deleted the facebook app
ive deleted and recreated the gmail account on bis many times now and everytime it seems like its going ot work fine, but i only end up recieving 50% of my emaisl on my BB

any ideas?
Old 11-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
jenfavre

I updated my filters and can confirm everything is working fine now. The majority of the emails I was not receiving were from one particular site that used mailing lists and not personal addresses in the To field. Since I originally set up email to only forward messages addressed to myself to the device, I was missing all those other ones. I've created an additional filter for that one site and now all emails from them are being received as well.

I've been reluctant to upgrade to .180 but maybe I'll give it a try now
Old 11-06-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Device OS upgrades do not change email behavior. All emails are pushed from RIM, does not matter what type of blackberry or its OS.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:53 AM   #8
gyozaman

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers

I've been having problems in the last month. Called tech support 5 times and no one believes me or can help me. If anyone knows how to help solve my problem, please let me know.

Issue : I have 10 email address pushing to my blackberry.

Problem : 1 out of the 10 email addresses stopped receiving email a month ago. It was working fine for the previous 4 years. BIS Tech support can't figure it out, even went to level 2 support. BIS Tech support thinks problem is on my server's end.

Crazy thing is that when I add my email account to a coworker's blackberry, it pulls them fine. Only my own blackberry can't receive my email. The other 9 email accounts work fine on my blackberry.

Has anyone seen this problem ? The email that is not working is using Novell Groupwise email program.
Closed Thread