Old 11-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #1
EvanDM
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8703e
Carrier: VZW
Default BIS problems

Please Login to Remove!

Instant email?

I have a hosted email account through google apps. I created one mailbox back in March and one just recently. The one I created back in march can take up to 15 minutes to receive email on my blackberry. The new one comes instantly to my blackberry like a gmail account. I have tried to delete the account and add it again. I have also tried to resend the service books a couple times

Anyone know anyway a fix for this? Is it a problem through google or RIM?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:54 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

I know that if you go via RIM, you will have up to a 15 minute delay. That is how BIS works. From what I have read, you can connect directly to Google and Yahoo and get mail much quicker. Also I think there some new features in the new BIS release which has something to do with it. I don't use Google on my BB however.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

If you want to have that e-mail come instantly you will have that e-mail forwarded to your BlackBerry e-mail account <user@carrier.blackberry.net>. That way the e-mail will be delivered instantly. Otherwise, like dubdub said, it will be the 15 minute polling interval.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
I know that if you go via RIM, you will have up to a 15 minute delay. That is how BIS works. From what I have read, you can connect directly to Google and Yahoo and get mail much quicker. Also I think there some new features in the new BIS release which has something to do with it. I don't use Google on my BB however.
That is with Google, Yahoo is instant.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanDM View Post
Instant email?

I have a hosted email account through google apps. I created one mailbox back in March and one just recently. The one I created back in march can take up to 15 minutes to receive email on my blackberry. The new one comes instantly to my blackberry like a gmail account. I have tried to delete the account and add it again. I have also tried to resend the service books a couple times

Anyone know anyway a fix for this? Is it a problem through google or RIM?
RIM just recently added a script within the BIS for google hosted domain. Basically it looks at the MX records and if they match the google setup it will added the email to the normal gmail notification server.

I suggest deleting the older account in the BIS and then add it back. It should be instant after that. One clue is when you re-add the account the Advanced Settings tab in the BIS for that account will be gone.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:29 PM   #6
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
If you want to have that e-mail come instantly you will have that e-mail forwarded to your BlackBerry e-mail account <user@carrier.blackberry.net>. That way the e-mail will be delivered instantly. Otherwise, like dubdub said, it will be the 15 minute polling interval.
I don't recommend ever using that address. First of all, it isn't an address you can control. When you switch carriers, it is gone forever. If (and when) RIM goes down, you have no email via that address as it can only be accessed on the BB. Next, there is no SPAM filter on it so if it ever gets out in the free and clear, you are liable to get tons and tons of SPAM. And finally, there is always the issue of ensuring you are replying via the correct reply to address.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:47 PM   #7
EvanDM

I have tried deleting it and adding it back and also resent the service books.

My gmail account is instant just like yahoo. One of my addresses on google apps is instant the other one is not, that is what I am trying to fix.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:50 PM   #8
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Let us know how it works, then, after the delete and readd.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:12 PM   #9
EvanDM

Just deleted both accounts and added them back again. Sent a test email, one came within 15 seconds. I'm not sure if the other will ever come because I just logged on and saw an email I received yesterday that still hasn't come. I checked and there are no filters setup.
Closed Thread