BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
thebubs

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Can't receive emails! Registered, books up to date, what now!?!

Please Login to Remove!

I've got the $15 unlimited email and BB messenger plan from Rogers. Got it setup yesterday. Service books have been sent multiple times. BB was registered with Rogers by an associate store as well as again by myself from the actual BB through Host Routing Table. It says MDS isn't activate but I don't want to browse so that shouldn't make a difference should it? I can send emails, but not receive them. What gives?

Also, does BB messenger work for sending messages without using the PIN? I can't figure out how to add contacts without PIN either. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

BBMessenger only sends and receives from other BB users.

During all the service book sending and registering at the HRT, have you removed the battery from the 8100, while powered on, and rebooted the device?
Old 12-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #3
thebubs

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Isn't BB to BB messaging with BB messenger free anyway? And I just removed the battery, so we'll see if that helps. Pretty sure I did that already anyway....

EDIT: Removed the battery while powered on, put it back in, BB turned on. Email still doesn't work. This is the message I get from hotmail.

This is the mail system at host mail026.bisx.prod.on.blackberry. I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could notbe delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below. For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster> If you do so, please include this problem report. You candelete your own text from the attached returned message. The mail system <tysony@rogers.blackberry.net>: host 172.20.128.32[172.20.128.32] said: 5505.1.1 <tysony@rogers.blackberry.net>... User unknown (in reply to RCPT TOcommand)

Last edited by thebubs; 12-04-2007 at 03:13 PM..
Old 12-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
jlii

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I experienced a probelm similar to this but it was only with my gmail account. In my case it happened after I uninstalled eOffice. Somehow after the uninstall that product did not allow emails to be sent or recieved to my device.

I called Verizon tech support they resent service books, three seperate times and said wait it out. I did that got tired of waiting and used the email setup application on the phone and deleted that account from the Blackberry Internet Service.

I pulled the battery did a reset and then recreated the email account using the blackberery internet service (or can use the email setup application on the phone).

Afterwards it worked fine. I experienced a problem similar to yours with my blackberry address a few years back, I did the same thing and it worked.

I will say that this may not be the preferred method as you may loose data. And it may not help you in your case. So proceed with caution at your own risk. But I will say that these approach usually fixes things for me.

Last edited by jlii; 12-04-2007 at 04:15 PM..
Closed Thread