Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #1
BB Overdose

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Default Using Plazmic

Please Login to Remove!

A couple of days ago I finally managed to download plazmic onto my desk top, so that I can create some themes for my BB 8320 curve. However, I have no idea how to use it. I fooled around with it trying to figure it out but I am still clueless. All I am trying to do is change the theme of the incoming calls to something else that I would like instead of the default one. Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to do that.

Last edited by BB Overdose; 01-09-2008 at 11:03 PM..
Old 01-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #2
chrism2202

Model: 7250
Carrier: verizon
Default Plazmic

Hello,
Plazmic is a Theme creation software for BB devices. You need to install the Blackberry JDK 4.2.0, and then install the MDS studio. Once you have both of those installed, then you can install the Plazmic CDK. I highly recommend also downloading the BlackBerry Simulators in order to test out your own Plazmic creations before uploading them to your hardware.

Good Luck!
Old 01-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I am curious...as I have loaded many plazmic themes from other BB sites on my Curve...and have removed each because the icons were so tiny, as was the font size. Can't these themes be made to show the homescreen icons the same size as the stock BB ones, and provide font adjustability a la the standard BB screen/keyboard function?

If these shortcomings can be overcome...I might try my hand at some theme building. If not...I'll just stick with the stock setup. At least I can see the icons/font on that!!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #4
scottjb
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8530

Yes, it can use the same fonts and icons. When you create a theme, you select a base theme to build from. For example, BB Dimension Icon. If you don't change them you will get the default icons and your device's default font. Of course, you can change them if you want to.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjb View Post
Yes, it can use the same fonts and icons. When you create a theme, you select a base theme to build from. For example, BB Dimension Icon. If you don't change them you will get the default icons and your device's default font. Of course, you can change them if you want to.
If that's the case...why do ALL the plazmic themes I have ever seen use such tiny font size, and the icons are ALL so small?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
fmarquez72

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

hello i have a blackberry pearl from verizon, i have the plazmic program i have created some themes but how do i get them to my phone? please help anyone.

Rico
Old 01-14-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
BB Overdose

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile
Default Using Plazmic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism2202 View Post
Hello,
Plazmic is a Theme creation software for BB devices. You need to install the Blackberry JDK 4.2.0, and then install the MDS studio. Once you have both of those installed, then you can install the Plazmic CDK. I highly recommend also downloading the BlackBerry Simulators in order to test out your own Plazmic creations before uploading them to your hardware.

Good Luck!
I actually have everything installed. I just don't know how to use it. If anyone can give me some step by steps on how to create themes it would be appreciated.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #8
malikmazhars
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Check this out:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)
Old 01-27-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
malikmazhars
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Check this out...

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)
Old 05-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #10
http_dougie

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT&T

Hopefully someone reads this post... I've messed w/Plazmic for a while w/my Pearl, but I've switched over to the Curve with much delight, but I downloaded the 8100 "Guide" or whatever you wanna call it for the Theme Builder so long ago that I don't remember where the hell it was from... So...

Anyone have the link so I can get the 8300 Curve Series "Guide" thingy?! I wanna make my own themes again!!!

Thanks.
Closed Thread