Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
Buchananac

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile
Question Duplicate Emails are Sent from Yahoo

Please Login to Remove!

I am getting the run around from TMobile, Blackberry and Yahoo... all claiming not their fault. The issue is, whenever I send an email from my yahoo account on my blackberry, the message is sent multiple times to the receipient... sometimes as many as 14 times! Needless to say, no one wants me to send them email!

Does anyone have any idea how to correct this? I am NOT using yahoo go service, as you can only use that from one yahoo account. I have different yahoo accounts, so I just go to the yahoo site each time and sign in to the one I want to use.

I didn't have this problem until about six weeks ago, and it is kind of random, but seems to be happening more and more often now. In fact, a friend told me that the message I sent to him at the begining of the week has been delivered ten times over the past few days.

Any suggestions? As I said, Tmobile told me it was Yahoo's problem... yahoo said it was the Blackberry... blackberry is saying Tmobile... so it's the old run around!
Old 02-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
crisambo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9780
PIN: Another name for the flagstick, term more commonly used by amateurs
Carrier: TMO, ATT, Nextel, Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buchananac View Post
. . . Any suggestions? As I said, Tmobile told me it was Yahoo's problem... yahoo said it was the Blackberry... blackberry is saying Tmobile... so it's the old run around!
hmmmm.... switch to gmail? . . . with that said, did you upgrade OS or installed 3rd party app prior to these phenom?
Old 02-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #3
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

If it is a BIS-Yahoo issue, you could try the "fix" for instances where delivery to the blackberry stops or gets flakey: Delete the yahoo email account from BIS, delete yahoo email service books on the handheld, do a hard reset on the handheld, wait a while, the re-add the yahoo account to BIS. I have no idea if that will work. Worth a try.