Old 04-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
thenoble06

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Should I rebuild my BES install

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

We currently use BES Express 4.1 (Exchange 2003) on a small scale (14 users). Everything is working as it should - except for Blackberry to Outlook calender syncing. Mail syncs ok, tasks sync ok, calender entries sync Outlook to Blackberry but not the other way.

After a few hours investigation, messing with permissions in AD etc I still have not got Calender syncing working both ways. I've also noticed the Blackberry services are all started with the Administrator account - and not the BESAdmin account. I've tried to change the services to start with the BESAdmin account but was unable to do this. I realise that it is bad practice to start the services with the administrator account.

So - my question is - would it be worthwhile uninstalling BES, and reinstalling it - but this time with the BESAdmin account as the service account? If this IS the best course of action - would I have to re authenticate all the devices to the newly installed server?

Any help or advice would be great

Ta
A
Old 04-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #2
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

one thing to check, and in your post it doesnt say if you have or not, is in the BB Manager console. Make sure that the PIM sync for calendar is set to bidirectional. You may have checked this (probably a first course of action) but just wanted to make sure. Welcome to the forums.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
Keyscan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

The reason why your calendar syncing is only working 1 way is because your BES is running as a user from a protected group.

You will need to complete the process of a "switch service account".

Please reference the following articles:

One-way wireless calendar synchronization for one or more BlackBerry device users
BlackBerry Search Results

How to switch BlackBerry Enterprise Server service accounts
BlackBerry Search Results
Old 04-08-2008, 04:41 AM   #4
thenoble06

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone

Brilliant!

Thanks very much for your help on this. I changed the Blackberry Account from Administrator to BESAdmin as per the instructions set out in the last post (I had done most of it already except the registry bits) and stopped amd started the services and all appears to be hunky doory now.

I've worked on this for a couple of days with no luck - and then it all comes together in ten minutes!

Thanks very much for the help...

A
Closed Thread