BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 06:29 PM   #1
porch

Model: 7100T
Default Issue with my email - 7100t

Please Login to Remove!

I set up my email account for my 7100t today and added an additional email address from which I would like to receive emails on my BB.

When I log onto the web portal via T-Mobile the account is there and seems to be added OK.

The process of adding the account was very easy (too easy?) all I had to do was type in the email address, login and password.

I can send messages and receive emails sent to the default T Mobile email address but when messages are sent to the additional account I set up, they are not pushed through to the BB - but they do show up on the web service (mail.xxxx.com)

Any ideas?

thanks and this is a great place.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:14 PM   #2
gposh

Model: 7100t

I would recommend you setup the additional account ((mail.xxxx.com)) to forward mail to the default t-mobile account. This would solve your problem, and more importantly, get your emails to you faster, as the default t-mobile account will post it for your viewing nearly immediately because it is constantly checking for emails, whereas the way you are trying to set it up now without the forwarding, your blackberry will only check that additional account ((mail.xxxx.com)) at intervals such as 5-15 minutes sometimes. Search for the thread "gmail or pop?" for instructions on how to setup filters to streamline and simplify the syncronization of the accounts.

Grant
Old 07-23-2005, 07:22 PM   #3
porch

Model: 7100T
Default thanks for the reply

The one problem with this solution is that I currently have my Outlook setup to check the mail.xxxx.com email. If I forward the mail automatically I am not able to intercept the mail while I am at the office on my desktop.

Is what I am trying to do unusual?
Old 07-23-2005, 07:45 PM   #4
Bawdygard
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

So, set up rule in Outlook to forward any messages that come in from mail.xxx.com to your Blackberry? I originally set up my T-mobile account to check my personal e-mail like you did and wasn't happy with it for the same reason you gave. So, now I just have my person e-mail messages forwarded to my Blackberry. If I want to reply right then, I use BBSend to set the Reply To my personal e-mail address. Otherwise, it can wait until later.
Closed Thread