Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
ziggy9mm

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default BES 4.1.4 Folder Redirection Problems

Please Login to Remove!

So after installing GW client 7.0.3 and switching from SOAP to API as per RIM support to fix a calendar sync issue we are now experiencing a major issue when adding new users to the BES.

When you add any new user it does not read the users mailbox correctly, it wont show there mailbox under "choose folders for redirection" it sometimes will show some of there personal folders or junk mail folders but there mailbox doesn't show up. Ideas? I spent 4 hours on the phone yesturday with RIM with no resolution. Existing users are fine its only new users. Iv even tried creating brand new users and get the same result, please help!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #2
blueshockeynut
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

What issue were you seeing in the calender that you had to switch from SOAP to API, we are running 7.0.3 with SOAP and havent seen any specific issues, what are you running on the server PO's?

4.1.4 fixed several calender sync issues, just trying to understand why you would switch from one to the other.

B
Never think great is good enough.
NEVER FOLLOW.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
ziggy9mm

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

I didnt want to switch to API, thats what RIM suggested. We applied a security patch to one of our PO's (7.03) and everyone on that PO would not get appointments sent down to there BB's. They stated that API is such less "finicky". And also a few users were receiving mass downloads of old email that they accounted to SOAP as well. And all that works now, however newly activated BB's dont get new email! but they can send email.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
infernalaanger
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy9mm View Post
I didnt want to switch to API, thats what RIM suggested. We applied a security patch to one of our PO's (7.03) and everyone on that PO would not get appointments sent down to there BB's. They stated that API is such less "finicky". And also a few users were receiving mass downloads of old email that they accounted to SOAP as well. And all that works now, however newly activated BB's dont get new email! but they can send email.
We had this exact same issue and went back to OAPI from SOAP per RIM's instructions. And now I have 3 users that I cannot get the folder redirection to select the mailbox correctly. It will select the Junk Mail folder or a personal mail folder but not the mailbox. What was your resolution to this?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #5
blueshockeynut
Thumbs Must Hurt

Have you guys taken alook at the log files and the Event Viewer to try and figure out what is going on, RIM tried to talk me into to moving to API as well but I wouldnt budge, if it isnt that broke I am not going to switch it around. Also, is anyone doing Caching mode as well, noticed we had some problems when folks were doing that.

B
NEVER FOLLOW.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
infernalaanger
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshockeynut View Post
Have you guys taken alook at the log files and the Event Viewer to try and figure out what is going on, RIM tried to talk me into to moving to API as well but I wouldnt budge, if it isnt that broke I am not going to switch it around. Also, is anyone doing Caching mode as well, noticed we had some problems when folks were doing that.

B
Yes of course I've extensively searched through the event viewer and the log files. RIM has done the same as well, and that is when they suggested we switch back to API from SOAP. After moving back to API, that fixed the calendar sync issues, however it seems it has created this new issue with the users that were affected by the calendar sync prior to the switch. None of our users are using Caching mode, only Online mode.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #7
blueshockeynut
Thumbs Must Hurt

Ok, I went back just to double check our server to see if we were having the same problems or anything similar to what you guys are seeing, so far on new users added I can see any folder for redirection based on the users id, including their Mailbox.

Here is my current setup:

Primary BES - Running 4.1.4 connecting to GW 7.03 using Groupwise 7.0 SOAP Mode.
Groupwise Port is standard, no changes, so is the SOAP and Listen Port, set as defaults.
Running SQL Server 2005 on a seperate server.

Both boxes are Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP2.

Guys, here is my concern through when I look at my setup, the OAPI is listed as Groupwise 6.5 OAPI. Could there be a problem with issues between the version of OAPI talking with the 7.03 on the PO's. Just taking a shot in the dark here.

B
NEVER FOLLOW.
Closed Thread