BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #1
DDD

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default SO new that I don't have a device yet...HELP!

Please Login to Remove!

I have been using my Sprint PPC 6700 for a number of years now. It's time to get rid of this brick and I am looking at a Blackberry device. I'm overwhelmed with the choices of devices and I am looking for guidance. I am going to move to AT&T from Sprint and I need to figure out which device to get. I have held the 8310 Curve and it seemed to be okay, but felt kinda fragile. I need something that I don't need fingers the size of twigs to accurately hit tiny buttons on a keypad. I drop my phone a lot and I need something that will hold up to my clumsiness. I'm looking for a device that will provide phone, email for numerous accounts, text messaging for connecting with the kids, and organizers and other various business applications. I recently bought an imac (first time user with apple, too) so I will need to know what is needed to sync and use the BB device with mac. I'm basically a mess and need someone to take me step-by-step.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
ricpac
BBFAQ Sysop

Model: 9700
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE

Welcome to BBF!

Okay now since you've already held the 8310 from AT&T, have you tried holding and/or feeling any of their 88XX devices--like the 8820 perhaps? That's somewhat bigger than the Curve, you might want to try that. All BlackBerrys can do phone, SMS, emails (up to 10 accounts), organizers (calendar, tasks, memopad etc) and other various business applications. And since you have a Mac like I do, you might want to take a look at Missing Sync and that should meet your sync requirements with your iMac. For other Mac-BlackBerry related questions, you can head on over to the Mac Forums Corner right here Mac Users Corner - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

Good luck on the purchase!
Old 05-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #3
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (8310; The Juggernaut)

On ATT, you will also have a choice of an 8800. For syncing with Mac, check the very helpful Sticky Notes at the top of our Mac Users section.

Good luck, and welcome.

Last edited by JSanders; 05-24-2008 at 04:13 PM..
Old 05-24-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
nb_mitch
CrackBerry Addict

I would go into an At&t store and play with all the devices, but DON'T buy. You can get almost all of the BB since you are switching providers for free or very close to it from Amazon, LetsTalk.com or probably a few sponsors here.

Too bad, I had a brain fart when my wife decided she needed a phone before a recent trip, but I did get a great deal on a 8310 from Amazon today.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #5
DDD

PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by nb_mitch View Post
I would go into an At&t store and play with all the devices, but DON'T buy. You can get almost all of the BB since you are switching providers for free or very close to it from Amazon, LetsTalk.com or probably a few sponsors here.

Too bad, I had a brain fart when my wife decided she needed a phone before a recent trip, but I did get a great deal on a 8310 from Amazon today.
Thanks for the response. Can you give me more specifics about using Amazon and the other places? How do I go about this? Can you recommend a device for me?
Old 05-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #6
rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Amazon.com: Help > Ordering > Search Tips & Product FAQs > Cell Phones & Service

Amazon has it laid out step-by-step to help you if you wish to purchase a phone through them.

Plenty of people would be happy to recommend a device to you, but you must keep in mind what will work best for you on a Blackberry.
Closed Thread