Old 06-06-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
Echo

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: mts
Default BES installation question, please help

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone,

I was browsing web and this forum, reading manuals about installing BPS on Exchange 2003 and I'm not sure about one thing so I will be very grateful if someone could clear this up for me. Sorry in advance if the questions are stupid because I am new with this.

I understood that i need to create Domain User Account (BESAdmin) and give it Administrator privileges with "Log On Locally" and "Log on as Service" rights.

My questions are:
Do I assign "Log On Locally" and "Log on as Service" rights to BESAdmin user on a machine where I will install BES or on a machine where is MS Exchange installed?
and
Is it enough to add BESAdmin to Administrator group on a machine where I will install BES or I need to do it on a machine where is MS Exchange installed?

Thank you very much in advance!
Cheers.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
Keyscan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Log on locally and log on as a service are to be added on the machine where the blackberry software will be installed.

Also, the besadmin account also only needs to be a local admin on the machine where professional will be installed, same as above.
Closed Thread