Old 06-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
MBW
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8110
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Wish list

Please Login to Remove!

I've mentioned some of these elsewhere - these are things I'd like to see built for my 8110 now & for my 9000 (on the waiting list) ASAP:

EMBEDDED-BATTERY HOLSTER WITH CLIP. I want a slender battery & some pass-through charging connectors built into the back (the part that snugs against the BB battery door) of a slim holster with swivel clip, and I don't want the clip to block any of the back-panel or side-panel features.

MULTI-OUTLET STEREO HANDS-FREE BLUETOOTH CAR KIT. With more states mandating hands-free operation, it makes sense to build a car kit that can handle a lot of the things a BB is good at, from stereo media player (through its own speakers or an FM radio retransmitter) to noise-canceling mike and maybe one variation with a built-in GPS puck on a second BT channel. More important: when it plugs into the lighter for power (note: it should have its own built-in rechargeable battery to keep running when the lighter plug won't work with the car off) it should pass along at least 2 USB connections so I can still use the car to power the BB & a BT headset (for when out of the car).

CAR DOCK WITH SECRET WEAPONS. It helps to hold the BlackBerry up where you can see the screen (as when using a navigation application) and a dock that just does that is pretty cool, but it's cheap & easy to add to that. Configure it with a USB mini-5 to slide into a BB model's connector to let the handset run & charge. Build a patch antenna into the back that comes out to a standard RF connection (something like a Wilson dock) so a signal booster doesn't have to add a piece. Include a place to slide in a mating Bluetooth GPS puck accessory for handsets that don't have GPS built in. Include an additonal USB connector at the bottom & hook on the back for charging a headset. Let it run from a lighter plug that also offers additional USB-A power ports, plus a LED to confirm the lighter plug has power. Give it a small adjustable shade on the top to help fight sun glare.

SMART DESK DOCK. Include a jack in the back & a patch antenna next to the phone plus a small WiFi booster inside. Include a small float-charged battery inside so the phone can get fast-charge current even if the USB port isn't delivering it & to keep it working during outages. Include secondary USB-A charging ports for a BT headset & whatever. Give the bottom one of those slide-proof/mark-proof rubber pads. Include a sensor to light a LED if it senses the phone vibrating; keep that on (in case you weren't there at the time) until the user resets it. Do not put a clock on it or in it. If there's room, include a side pocket for a micro fiber cloth for cleaning the screen.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #2
styxgroupi
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
PIN: acle of love
Carrier: Alltel

Wirelessly posted

Wow! You really know what you want.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
MBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by styxgroupi View Post
Wirelessly posted

Wow! You really know what you want.
Don't you?
Old 06-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Zacht
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: T-mobile

here is something you could work with to make that customized car dock:
Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry Deluxe Windshield & Console Mount
Blackberry Source.com - Auto PDA Holder - Kit

Last edited by Zacht; 06-13-2008 at 12:15 PM..
Old 06-13-2008, 12:17 PM   #5
customshopkv1
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Ala James Bond
Old 06-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
MBW

Thanks, Zacht - I'll get in touch with them - I already have BoxWave sending me one of their pieces:

Mobile Mounting Kit - Car Mount / Car Holder / Universal PDA and iPod Car Cradle

I'm asking BlackBerry Source to send some selection among these three:

Blackberry Source.com - Mini Auto PDA Holder Kit
Blackberry Source.com - BlackBerry Pearl Mount
Blackberry Source.com - Comfort BlackBerry Pearl Car Kit

That last one is doing something with power & the antenna, so it's a little closer, at least.