Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Default Roboform for Blackberry Beta is now available

Please Login to Remove!

It seems that Roboform beta (0.5) is available:

RoboForm for Blackberry

Did someone get a chance to try it out?
What did you find out? I can't seem to get the icon to show up (once installed from Desktop Manager it shows up on Advanced Options on the Applications list but no icon on the launcher). Did someone got it working on their BB?

Mine is 8820 with OS 4.5.0.42

Thanks,
Ix.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
cinnamincandie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: t-mobile

Wirelessly posted

This is great news I will give it a shot once I get the chance to get on the pc
Old 06-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I think I saw an OTA link

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
VHT
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: alltel

Can't seem to get the OTA link there to work. Just wants to download a COD file to the media card...
Old 06-18-2008, 03:26 AM   #5
Kamau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
PIN: 21499CE8
Carrier: Verizon, T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted

I get the error message unsupported media type when I try to OTA.

Kamau
Old 06-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #6
ixtab
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yep the OTA link is bad (I am not sure what they were thinking posting a link to a .cod file, probably a mistake), desktop manager seems like the only way for now.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:27 AM   #7
customshopkv1
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

very cool
Old 06-18-2008, 08:16 AM   #8
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703E
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
It seems that Roboform beta (0.5) is available:

RoboForm for Blackberry

Did someone get a chance to try it out?
What did you find out? I can't seem to get the icon to show up (once installed from Desktop Manager it shows up on Advanced Options on the Applications list but no icon on the launcher). Did someone got it working on their BB?

Mine is 8820 with OS 4.5.0.42

Thanks,
Ix.
Ditto with me. Installed it using the desktop, shows up on the applications listing but you cannot find an icon anywhere to launch it. Also, they say to put the datafiles in "\My RoboForm Data" but where on the memory card or internal memory - they don't say plus I don't even see a directory created (when I installed the application that I cannot seem to find an icon for to launch) when I installed the application? Uninstalling now this must be an alpha version not a beta.

Tony
Old 06-18-2008, 08:19 AM   #9
ixtab
Thumbs Must Hurt

BTW, I noticed (at least on my BB) that it was impossible to uninstall/delete Roboform on the device itself (just wouldn't delete), had to do it from Desktop Manager. Just an FYI if you have the same issue.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #10
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

what is this app?
Old 06-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #11
Technocracy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
what is this app?
I own a copy of the Win version. In a nutshell, imagine your browser Favorites on steroids.

Upon clicking a link (called a Passcard), RoboForm (RF) takes you to its web page, as any Favorite will do. Passcards go an extra mile by filling all login entries and clicking whatever button is required to enter the site. RF also memorizes new links and applicable login info, allowing you to choose or even force a saving if you like.

The Win version also has a feature called Identities, where it keeps identifying info for filling online forms. I have many Identities: 1 for my current personal address & info, another for my business, yet another for my former place of residence, etc. The info can include general items, such as addresses, all the way to critical info (Social Security, employee, bank account, credit card and license numbers; expiration dates; etc.).

All info is editable by the user and can be protected by a single master password. All password-protected info is encrypted in real time. Additionally, upon closing RF it cleans after itself, leaving no traces that may expose critical info to other PC users.

Once you learn the app, you do not go back to the Favorites feature in your browser. I have both the desktop and portable (USB drive) versions. (The portable version even cleans after itself upon drive removal.)

I hope this helps.

PS RF also handles regular (non-required-to-be-secure) Favorite links.

Last edited by Technocracy; 06-18-2008 at 07:45 PM..
Old 06-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #12
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703E
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocracy View Post
I own a copy of the Win version. In a nutshell, imagine your browser Favorites on steroids.

Upon clicking a link (called a Passcard), RoboForm (RF) takes you to its web page, as any Favorite will do. Passcards go an extra mile by filling all login entries and clicking whatever button is required to enter the site. RF also memorizes new links and applicable login info, allowing you to choose or even force a saving if you like.

The Win version also has a feature called Identities, where it keeps identifying info for filling online forms. I have many Identities: 1 for my current personal address & info, another for my business, yet another for my former place of residence, etc. The info can include general items, such as addresses, all the way to critical info (Social Security, employee, bank account, credit card and license numbers; expiration dates; etc.).

All info is editable by the user and can be protected by a single master password. All password-protected info is encrypted in real time. Additionally, upon closing RF it cleans after itself, leaving no traces that may expose critical info to other PC users.

Once you learn the app, you do not go back to the Favorites feature in your browser. I have both the desktop and portable (USB drive) versions. (The portable version even cleans after itself upon drive removal.)

I hope this helps.

PS RF also handles regular (non-required-to-be-secure) Favorite links.
I have used Roboform for over two years now, love it, recommend it to everyone, but I still cannot get it to work on my BB. Did / have you? No one else on this forum has indicated that it is working either.

Tony
Old 06-18-2008, 08:25 PM   #13
ixtab
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have second all the good words about Roboform, my only complaint is that once you get used to it (I've been using it for over 2 years) you won't go back to using anything else (I even gave KeyPass a fair chance). Thing is, Roboform really took care of the PocketPC and Palm population (years ago), and as soon as I switched to using a blackberry I can no longer take "my life" with me.

2+ years worth of using Roboform you really end up using it as a "life depository", credit cards, account numbers, all web and other logins information etc.

This non-working beta is a good sign (?/I hope), it doesn't seem to be working at all now (won't even show on the launcher) but at least they started thinking about blackberry users.

I just hope they will do more than that, and fast.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:13 PM   #14
Technocracy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

Quote:
Originally Posted by myet01 View Post
I have used Roboform for over two years now, love it, recommend it to everyone, but I still cannot get it to work on my BB. Did / have you? No one else on this forum has indicated that it is working either.

Tony
Tony, I do not have a data plan, so RF for BB is of no use to me.

Hopefully, the BB version will match the Win version. If it does, it will be awesome. (That good it is.)

Something I forgot: RF also has a password generator. You can specify the number of characters and the type of characters (A-Z, a-z, 0-9), among others. Once generated, RF can copy it to the Win Clipboard, preventing typing errors.

PS ixtab, my life is also within RF, including access links to employer Intranet apps. There are just too many links, private & professional, to remember...

Last edited by Technocracy; 06-19-2008 at 10:14 PM..
Old 07-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #15
Yoryie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

I love Roboform, and have been using for little over 2 years too. I also have the USB license. However, USB does not work on MAC (my laptop) so, I still depend on another windows computer when I am traveling or away from my home or office PC. I've been waiting for a BB version for ever, since as any Roboform owner knows, we just become totally dependent on it.

Unfortunately, this beta version just allows us to take the database with us, access it (a cumbersome process) and copy the passwords and IDs to the clipboard....to then paste it on the Browser. (no browser integration). This does not seem a secure method to me, and this is not the process used on a PC or in the mobile (USB) form, which leaves no tracks or "fingerprints" behind. Therefore, my initial happiness is turned into "hopeful skepticism" and will continue to wait for a better product.

If someone has gotten it to work better, please let us know the process!
Old 07-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #16
MyPearl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

cool. Love roboform on vista. will give it a try on BB... Current version is 0.8.4 btw

Last edited by MyPearl; 07-20-2008 at 02:34 PM..
Closed Thread