Old 07-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #1
TotalTech
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 304D3782
Carrier: Verizon
Default Email filtering

Please Login to Remove!

To give you some background I use my @blackberry.vzw.net email to communicate with a few key people for work since it is the fastest way people can get a hold of me. But I need to keep copies of the email so in my BIS I have it auto forward my blackberry email to my gmail account. Also I have it send my replies so I can keep a rolling record of my email conversation with them.

I am also getting my Gmail mail sent to my phone with filters applied to I'm not getting my mail list emails flooding my phone. Is there a way to also filter these forwarded mails/replies from my bb email. Or is there a better way to be keeping copies of my BB mail? As it is now I'm getting the email in my BB mail then 10-30 mins later I'm getting the same email and reply in my gmail account and on my phone.

I'm sure there is probably a better way to be doing this but I do need to keep copies of those emails for tracking and the "he said, she said"......
Old 07-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

I wouldn't use my carrier acct.
Gmail on its own is pretty immediate.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 07-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #3
TotalTech
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 304D3782
Carrier: Verizon

for me it's not, I have about a 5-30 min delay with my gmail account compared to my carrier account. I have my gmail set up as imap not pop and it still has a delay.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
carlkra
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Email Filters - How do I re-order them?

I have come to depend upon email filters (BIS) to manage what I get and don't get on my Blackberry. However, I have multiple filters on most of my email accounts to get the behavior I want. So here's the question:

Filter order is critical to determine the behavior of multiple filters. So, once filters are created, how can I change the order of the filters (using Blackberry Web Client or ?)? I can't find any way to do it except for deleting them all and reentering in the desired order? Please tell me I don't have to do that!

Thanks,

Carl
Closed Thread