Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
Gothic_Coop

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Seidio Desktop Charging Cradle

Please Login to Remove!

When I first bought my Curve I want to use a desktop charger so I would not use the USB port too much and lessen the chance of damaging it. The only one I saw here on Crackberry was the RIM chargers, which are great and all, but I have a Seidio Innocases and I would have to pull the case off to charge. That was not a good option either of removing the case daily to charge it. While I was looking on the Sedio websire I found this Desktop Charging Cradle that uses the Curve's charging contacts. The big bouns was that it also would work while using the Seidio Innocases. Also it comes with a Mini USB cable and USB Travel Charger. This means it can be charged from a USB port on your PC or a Travel Charger. Just so everyone knows, you cannot link this to PC via the Desktop Charging Cradle. If you want to link it to your PC I would just use the Bluetooth to attach. That way you will save on using the USB port.

SCORE! I ordered one. I have to say the charger sits very stable and the Curve easly goes in and comes out of the cradle. I bought this so I can have it at work and sit on my desk. That way it can charge at work and be right at hand and I have no cable to fight with. I hate having to deal with cables when I need to use the Curve.

The finish on the charger matches the Innocases. They only come in black, which is great for me because my Innocases is black as well. So it has a nice uniform look to it. Now it is not a sleek as the RIM Desktop Charging Cradle, but it works very well.

I am very happy with this product. I would suggest it to anyone that has an Innocases. You will love it.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
LokoTripper
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Telcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic_Coop View Post
When I first bought my Curve I want to use a desktop charger so I would not use the USB port too much and lessen the chance of damaging it. The only one I saw here on Crackberry was the RIM chargers, which are great and all, but I have a Seidio Innocases and I would have to pull the case off to charge. That was not a good option either of removing the case daily to charge it. While I was looking on the Sedio websire I found this Desktop Charging Cradle that uses the Curve's charging contacts. The big bouns was that it also would work while using the Seidio Innocases. Also it comes with a Mini USB cable and USB Travel Charger. This means it can be charged from a USB port on your PC or a Travel Charger. Just so everyone knows, you cannot link this to PC via the Desktop Charging Cradle. If you want to link it to your PC I would just use the Bluetooth to attach. That way you will save on using the USB port.

SCORE! I ordered one. I have to say the charger sits very stable and the Curve easly goes in and comes out of the cradle. I bought this so I can have it at work and sit on my desk. That way it can charge at work and be right at hand and I have no cable to fight with. I hate having to deal with cables when I need to use the Curve.

The finish on the charger matches the Innocases. They only come in black, which is great for me because my Innocases is black as well. So it has a nice uniform look to it. Now it is not a sleek as the RIM Desktop Charging Cradle, but it works very well.

I am very happy with this product. I would suggest it to anyone that has an Innocases. You will love it.
How much did you pay for it ??

p.s. Do you ride or just have the HD avatar ?? It is good to know other bikers that have BB
Old 08-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
Gothic_Coop

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokoTripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic_Coop View Post

How much did you pay for it ??

p.s. Do you ride or just have the HD avatar ?? It is good to know other bikers that have BB
I paid full price for it($29.99). Even at full price it was a good deal.

P.S. Yes I do ride. I am inbetween bikes right now.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #4
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

I have heard nothing but good things about the cradle. I was going to pull the rigger to get one, but then realized it won't fit my new Bold.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
Gothic_Coop

Wirelessly posted

I bet they will make one for Bold as well.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:17 PM   #6
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

They would be foolish not to. I will certainly purchase one for the Bold, and will more than likely purchase one for my Curve when I hand it off to my wife.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 AM   #7
LokoTripper
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Telcel

I found this : >> Click Here <<

It looks cool and useful , I might be ordering one

Last edited by LokoTripper; 08-05-2008 at 12:37 AM..
Old 08-05-2008, 12:45 AM   #8
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I have a Seidio cradle and love it. Works with or without my Seidio Hard Case.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:24 PM   #9
oriofan8
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530

Will it work with other hard cases? What's the secret here? Is it the design of the charger that will work with ANY thin, hard case?...or is the Seidio case unique SO it will work with this charger? Thanks...
Old 11-08-2008, 12:39 AM   #10
John Clark
BBF Moderator

If other hard cases have the opening on the back for the charger it may work. I assume it would depend on the design and thickness of the case. The charger is built to accomodate the Seidio hardcase or it will also charge it without the hard case at all. There is an insert that you put in to charge without the hard case.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #11
erik0002

Default cradle issues

So I have had my BB for about two months now and love it. I purchased a innocase about two weeks ago because I didn't like the leather case thignt hat came with the BB. I love the case and thought I would get a cradle for my phone form seidio also so I could use my case with it. I just got it yesterday and I cannot get the phone in the cradel properly with the case on. I went on Seidios website to see if the case worked with the cradel and the website says it does am i missing something here?

Also is there a way to keep the blacklight on while the phone in the cradel? Thanks for all the help.

-Erik0002
Old 03-10-2009, 10:22 AM   #12
John Clark
BBF Moderator

If you got the Seidio cradle that goes with the Seidio cases then it should fit just fine.

For the backlight to stay on when charging use BBLight. You can find it easily with a search of the forums for it.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:37 PM   #13
tonyshaw
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: AT & T

I also bought mine from Amazon for just $20 Amazon.com: Amzer 82533 Desktop Cradle without Extra Battery Charging Slot for Blackberry Storm: Your Store
Closed Thread