Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #1
radish141

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Pocket Mac & bookmark problem

Please Login to Remove!

I downloaded pocketmac for my blackberry. I then chose to install an application offered by pocketmac to push my bookmarks from my mac over to my blackberry. The program does not work.
I contacted pocketmac for advice on how to delete the program. Here was their advice (note none of it worked!)

:::

I suggest rebooting the BlackBerry and choosing to uninstall with PocketMac right away.

If this doesn't work, you can try on the BlackBerry under Settings, Options, Advanced Options, Applications. Bring of the menu and choose Delete.

Lastly, you can uninstall using BlackBerry Desktop on Windows.

Alternatively, you can select the application, bring up the menu, and choose Hide.

Lastly, you can use BlackBerry Desktop on Windows to do a reinstall of BlackBerry OS and uninstall applications.

::::

With all of these options, I cannot hide the program, nor do I see an option to delete it. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can delete this program? It is driving me crazy! THANK YOU
Old 09-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #2
PocketMac_Anne
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi,

All of those suggestions usually work, which is why we recommend them.

Could I ask you to say more about how you're trying to delete the application, and what happens when the delete doesn't work?

The post doesn't give me enough information to be able to make suggestions, but I'd like very much to help.

Thanks,

Anne
Direct support available from PocketMac FREE at http://www.pocketmacsupport.net
Old 09-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
radish141

When I attempt to hide the application I choose the application, and then I bring up the menu by choosing the button next to the green phone. My only options are about and close. If I choose above a screen that looks like a sync arrow comes up. I have no other option but to close it. There is no option to hide it.

However, I rather delete the application. When I attempt to delete the application I followed the instructions given, but the application is not in the applications folder. Any idea where it might be? I cannot find it!

Lastly, I have attempted to uninstall both the bookmarks program, as well as pocketmac completely. Even when I do this, the bookmarks program does not go away.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me, and thank you so so much.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
rallanr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Bell Mobility

I have the same problem which has also been noted on the BB Support Forums at RIM - no solution there either. However I think I know what you're doing wrong when you are trying to hide the app. Select it in the app icon on the BBS screen but DON'T open it. Then press the menu button just as you have been doing. You should get the option to hide it. The problem was that you were actually opening the app rather than just selecting it and bring up the menu.

Alternately try opening Options, then Advanced Options, then Applications. Once the applications list has been created press the menu key and select Modules. If you scroll down this list you will find a line that says BookmarkManager. I think this is the file that PocketMac installs when you set up their bookmark feature however I can't figure any way to actually delete it. I don't think it's actually considered an Application so you can't delete it the usual way nor with PocketMac. That's all I can add right now.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:42 PM   #5
radish141

Alright! That worked, at least it's hidden now. Thank you!!
Closed Thread