BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:00 AM   #1
acp

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default All phone numbers don't sync. Missing Sync and BB8300.

Please Login to Remove!

I've only found half answers to my big problem, so I'm hoping for definitive information from anyone who can help:

Using Missing Sync to marry my Address Book and BB8300 on Leopard, I can't get all the phone numbers for each contact to sync. A few will, but I have four or five numbers for some contacts, each with their own field, and often with customized field names like "Steve's Basement" and whatnot. Also, some contacts will have two work numbers or two home numbers. Is there just no sync support for customized fields names and multiple fields with the same names? Thanks!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
vidmaster99
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

This KB has the current Missing Sync for BlackBerry contact field syncing breakdown:

https://support.markspace.com/index....=70&nav=0,3,76

Only one address/number per field label in Address Book syncs to the BlackBerry.

Also, Email Address mapping: The BlackBerry has a limit of 3 emails per contact. Missing Sync for BlackBerry will sync the first three emails in Address Book per contact to the device. (This was current as of BlackBerry OS 4.2.x)

Custom fields are not supported from Address Book, because there is no user controllable mapping of the fields.

Hope that helps. If you need more help/info, let me know.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:30 AM   #3
acp

OK, so just to clarify: If I have multiple numbers, each in their own field but with identical field names, only one of those numbers will sync?

Also, how are custom fields not supported? I can easily make a custom field in Address Book, but is there something about how it is configured that makes those fields unusable for Missing Sync or BB?

Thanks for your time, and I'm sorry my questions are so ill-informed.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
vidmaster99
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
OK, so just to clarify: If I have multiple numbers, each in their own field but with identical field names, only one of those numbers will sync?
That's correct only one of those entries would sync

Quote:
Also, how are custom fields not supported? I can easily make a custom field in Address Book, but is there something about how it is configured that makes those fields unusable for Missing Sync or BB?
You can make custom fields in Address Book, but there is no mechanism to hook those up in Missing Sync to sync with a field on the BlackBerry. The mapping is based on a hard coded list which is on that KB article.

https://support.markspace.com/index....=70&nav=0,3,76
Old 09-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #5
acp

OK, thanks again. I really appreciate your patience and advice.
Closed Thread