Old 11-20-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
littlesky
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltel
Default Empower and 4.5 OS -

Please Login to Remove!

I have just recently upgraded my 8330 Curve to the 4.5 OS. I had previously purchased the Empower PRO and now that I have upgraded it seems like the 4.5 OS email has overridden the Empower. I am now not getting HTML images. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? I like the way my email looks with the 4.5 but I still want HTML???? Thanks!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #2
IBGPN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Did you resend the service books? That is what I had to do.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
Mike Zelmar

Carrier: ATT

I had a somewhat similar problem and received this response from Empower Interactive:

"On OS 4.5 RIM has its own viewer which takes precedence over Empower view even if you set Empower as the default viewer. So, in addition to setting Empower as the default viewer, you also need to tell the Blackberry to not use the html-view. That means two settings to be done. 1. Goto Messages Options and set "Enable Rich Content in Emails" to NO. On some OSes, this shows up as "Enable HTML Emails" 2. After that, goto Empower Options > Advanced and set "Set Empower as Default Viewer" to ALL. In case you have uninstalled Empower Pro you can reinstall it by visiting [link deleted] Please note that the setting in the Step 1 above may take upto 20 mins to get updated at your BIS accounts with the Carriers. Any emails you receive after this will open up with Empower Pro."

Mike
Old 04-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
iamsuperman143

Carrier: Optus

I have noticed another issue where emails with attachments uses the native viewer automatically unlike those without attachments where Empower displays them correctly. Their supports replied with - "On OSes 4.5 and above RIM does not allow any 3rd party application (like ours) to view the attachments. RIM's native viewer takes precedence over Empower viewer even if you set Empower as your default viewer if you receive a mail with attachment."

They are silent until now with my follow up reply - "Is there something Empower is trying to do to resolve this issue for 4.5? Or is there any temporary resolution you can suggest somehow?"
Closed Thread