Old 12-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
Mudinyeri
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Connecting to Corporate Web Mail

Please Login to Remove!

Just received my Storm yesterday. So far, so good. Neat, but not exactly wowed.

I'm struggling to connect to my corporate web mail. I can access the secure site utilzing the browser but when I go to set up the e-mail via the e-mail setup feture it errors out and indicates that I need to try to imput my data again.

Not sure if anyone's tried this and been successful, but if you have I'd sure appreciate some tips. There doesn't seem to be anything in any of the user's guides or posted on here that addresses this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #2
dbmet

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

You need to setup it manually using this site..
Old 12-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #3
Mudinyeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmet View Post
bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

You need to setup it manually using this site..
I need a Blackberry e-mail address to receive my corporate e-mail from their secure web mail site?

I'm fairly tech savvy, but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
Byproxy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

no... he means you need to set up the account as an imap using that website.

warning... groupwise servers don't talk to blackberry servers, so if your corporate email is on a novell groupwise system, you won't be able to get your email directly even via imap.

to set up imap, just skip the password entry and select the option to enter settings yourself.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:48 PM   #5
dbmet

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

No, you can setup every email from this site once your logged in, and the email will come straight to your phone..
Old 12-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #6
WTVa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudinyeri View Post
Just received my Storm yesterday. So far, so good. Neat, but not exactly wowed.

I'm struggling to connect to my corporate web mail. I can access the secure site utilzing the browser but when I go to set up the e-mail via the e-mail setup feture it errors out and indicates that I need to try to imput my data again.

Not sure if anyone's tried this and been successful, but if you have I'd sure appreciate some tips. There doesn't seem to be anything in any of the user's guides or posted on here that addresses this.

Thanks in advance.
Yeah it took me a few tries to but yes I didn't want to connect my personal blackberry to the corporate BES and allow them to control my phone, so I went this route. You can connect fine to a exchange web interface (OWA) make sure your setting it up from the web site since its easier to test from there if it fails than from the phone.
ops can't post liks yet but this was suppose to be the Verizon BIS access URL.

My gotcha was my user name needed to be prefrenced my user ID with my companies domain name (DomainName\UserID) and that what seemed to work for me. There some down sides to doing it this way, like you only get to see your inbox but its enough for me to keep in touch and see if anything important has come in when I am not at my desk.

Also make sure you have the URL right for your secure website you access your OWA from.

Good Luck ....
Old 12-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #7
Mudinyeri

OK, that makes sense. Thanks, everyone.

Now, my problem is when I try to create a User ID and password I get an error message saying a User ID already exists for my phone's PIN. I'm just getting to this so I obviously didn't set one up.

Will Verizon support be of any assistance or am I just SOL?

Follow up: I requested that my password be sent to my Blackberry and received a text message saying, "User name and password don't exist. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service."

Last edited by Mudinyeri; 12-04-2008 at 09:55 AM..
Old 12-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #8
Mudinyeri

Update: Got it working!

A call to Verizon's Data Support group was helpful. They set up my account so I could log in.

Once logged in, I tried a few different combinations and managed to get the account set up and working.

FWIW, I did not have to add my domain to my User ID like WTVa did.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #9
gautam

PIN: 304ABA82
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

ive a BES account does that matter ?
Old 12-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #10
Mudinyeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam View Post
ive a BES account does that matter ?
If you're utilizing BES you wouldn't need to do this. I'm utilizing BIS and accessing my Outlook Web Access (OWA) site for e-mail since I don't want my company to control my Storm - which they do if I utilize their BES service.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:07 PM   #11
ptlcycle

Model: 8130

On a related note, I have BB Pearl and I'm trying to avoid the extra fee for the BES, so I want to connect to my company's webmail server through the Pearl's web browser. I wasn't able to use the email client to connect with our exchange server because of the firewall.

Using the browser, I am able to log on and see my inbox, but I can't select and open any of the messages. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:10 PM   #12
Mudinyeri

My guess would be that your issue is related to how the Pearl's browser formats https web pages.

Can you see the e-mail messages at all?
Old 12-19-2008, 02:06 PM   #13
oneneda

Model: ALL
Carrier: ALL
Default Blackberry Storm and Outlook Web Access

I connected my 2nd Blackberry Storm today...in frustation the first time I did end up asking the user to log into their blackberry account and was able to set up there. Today I was able to test the theory a little more...I went into the OPTIONS and choice TLS...in here there is HTTPS redirection...looks like by default it is set to NO. I ENABLED it and bingo...it let me set the account up on the blackberry! I did read somewhere else to change the "default" browser to INTERNET and not BLACKBERRY.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #14
lindros2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW/O2 (Intl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneneda View Post
I did read somewhere else to change the "default" browser to INTERNET and not BLACKBERRY.
For those following along, the "BlackBerry Browser" vs. "Internet Browser" is for devices connected to BES. BB Browser sends all data over the corporate network. Internet Browser goes direct from RIM <> Web site.

Those using BIS do not (and actually cannot) change the Browser. Well, I guess on AT&T and T-Mobile you can, but not on Verizon...
Closed Thread