Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
mrfizzed
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon
Default ?? about sending back replaced phone

Please Login to Remove!

ok so i got my replacement in mail friday. i now have to send back the replaced phone. here is my issue though andi am hoping someone can shed some light. in the past wheenevr getting a replacement you usually get a white box phone only, no battery, no accessories etc. this time i got a whole phone with all original OEM packaging and accessories. the instructions in the packet say to keep all my accessories and send back just the phone. what should i do? can i somehow get away with an extra cable, charger out of this?
Old 12-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #2
dwp1975
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 304CEA0A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Just send the phone back, there just aren't any refurbs in circulation yet so they have to replace with a brand new one. I've done numerous replacement. My last one was a brand new in the box and all I sent back was the phone and battery.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
rpjohs
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Same thing with happened with my Curve a few months back. They told me all I was getting was the phone (no battery door, no battery, etc), and when it arrived, everything was there in the box. I called customer service just to make sure I wouldnt get charged for this, and she told me just to send the phone back, to keep my original battery and back door (as they had no use for it).
Old 12-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
mrfizzed
Thumbs Must Hurt

so basically send the phone (i assume wrap it in my own bubble wrap? keep both oEM boxes, both chargers, both batteries etc? what about the back battery plate as well?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
MHarvey124

PIN: N/A

I was told for my replacement to send back EVERYTHING. Just take out the new phone. Place your broken phone back in box. Send box back. Verizon might possibly charge you for keeping the additional charger.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
rpjohs
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Oh, my experience was with AT&T, so you might want to check with a VZW Cust. Service rep.

But, I was told I was only getting the phone (no back plate, etc) and everything came. When I called and asked if I needed to include all of the old stuff that I had, I was told that I did not, and she was actually surprised that I received all new items with the replacement.

Again, this was with AT&T, VZW could charge you, but then again, they could have mistakenly sent you all the items and not realize it. Call customer service and ask, safe bet.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:39 PM   #7
HarlyFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

I can guarantee you that they WILL charge your account. I just got a new replacement today. It was a new phone in a sealed box I can assure you if I only send back my old phone I will indeed see a new charge for all the rest.

Addicted To The CRACKBerry!
Old 12-09-2008, 06:37 AM   #8
mrfizzed
Thumbs Must Hurt

well i will say this, if they do charge my account i will read this to them and i quote (from the paperwork that came with my phone)" place the device you're returning into the box your replacement device was delivered in. Return only the device; keep all of your accessories (battery, charger, memory cards, stylus, SIM cards, etc)"
Old 12-09-2008, 07:50 AM   #9
RBernier
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfizzed View Post
well i will say this, if they do charge my account i will read this to them and i quote (from the paperwork that came with my phone)" place the device you're returning into the box your replacement device was delivered in. Return only the device; keep all of your accessories (battery, charger, memory cards, stylus, SIM cards, etc)"
Just curious, it sounds like you have already made up your mind what you plan on doing (sending the phone only back) so why did you ask for opinions?
Old 12-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #10
DawnGP143

Model: 8330

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfizzed View Post
ok so i got my replacement in mail friday. i now have to send back the replaced phone. here is my issue though andi am hoping someone can shed some light. in the past wheenevr getting a replacement you usually get a white box phone only, no battery, no accessories etc. this time i got a whole phone with all original OEM packaging and accessories. the instructions in the packet say to keep all my accessories and send back just the phone. what should i do? can i somehow get away with an extra cable, charger out of this?
I got my replacement this afternoon. Same as you...retail box with all the accessories, along with instructions to return the phone only. I called Verizon CS and asked them if that was true...did I need to return only the phone or everything in the box as well. His response was to keep everything but the phone as I had been inconvenienced and it was their way of making up for that. I asked him to note our conversation on my account, and he did so, including my tracking number for the return so that if there is any question about what I was told, it would be on the record.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God" Matt.: 5:9

Old 12-11-2008, 03:37 AM   #11
ddarvish

Carrier: VZW

where did you read these instuctions? what did the paper look like?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:01 AM   #12
JODZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm

Guys got my replacement last night, and it only included the phone. I was hoping to get lucky and have the additional chargers, but no luck.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:36 AM   #13
HarlyFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

I still believe if you try to beat the system you will be charged for it!!!

Addicted To The CRACKBerry!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:39 AM   #14
fairbornstorm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
Carrier: verizon

got my replacement, everything in the box called verizon to see what they wanted back they said they just want the phone no back or battery nothin, they said in the computer it doesnt show if i got the "brown" box or a new OEM box heh, now i have 3 batteries lol
Closed Thread