Old 01-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
israe026

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Camera starts randomly, storm freezes

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,
so i've been have another issue with my blackberry storm. this happens very rarely but is an inconvenience.
Every once in a while, mainly during browser use (could happen while using other applications too), my camera screen pops up (as if I'm intending on taking a picture). I can't exit out of the screen, and every time i try pressing the back button my home page application for a second, then disappears and i remain in the camera mode.
The only way i have found to get back to normal is to take the battery out and put it back in.
Anyone else having similar issues, and any idea as to the cause/way to fix this?
thanks in advance,
deckel
Old 01-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
bjchantry
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by israe026 View Post
Hi all,
so i've been have another issue with my blackberry storm. this happens very rarely but is an inconvenience.
Every once in a while, mainly during browser use (could happen while using other applications too), my camera screen pops up (as if I'm intending on taking a picture). I can't exit out of the screen, and every time i try pressing the back button my home page application for a second, then disappears and i remain in the camera mode.
The only way i have found to get back to normal is to take the battery out and put it back in.
Anyone else having similar issues, and any idea as to the cause/way to fix this?
thanks in advance,
deckel
Do you have one of the side buttons assigned to launch the application? I believe the default action for the right convenience button is the camera, first thing I did was change that to another application, just a thought.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
israe026

Model: 9500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjchantry View Post
Do you have one of the side buttons assigned to launch the application? I believe the default action for the right convenience button is the camera, first thing I did was change that to another application, just a thought.
i do have it as default, but it still shouldn't get stuck in camera mode (to the point where i have to take battery out)...
Old 01-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
nm6r
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by israe026 View Post
Hi all,
thanks in advance,
deckel
I have run into the same issue. It seems to happen when I hover over a key on the keyboard too long. Rather than doing a reset, I take a picture, delete it, exit the camera app and go back to what I was doing. I found it helps to set the hover time 1000 (see Settings for a Better Storm Keyboard). I have only inadvertantly gone into the camera mode once since making this change.

Ray
Old 01-28-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
hellomoto2494

PIN: 3059454B
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Camera starts randomly, storm freezes

I have the same problem when texting or emailing and all I do is hit the back button and hit cancel on the save menu.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
Jeannine

Model: Storm

I have the same problem. It seems to do alot of weird things when the battery gets low...which is almost always! The only way i can get out of the camera mode is by taking the battery out. Even if you hold down the power/end key it does nothing. If it doesnt get better soon I will get verizon to replace it. I do like the phone...as long as its working!
Closed Thread