Lightmatrix
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Dropped storm

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

Ooops I dropped my storm from about 3.5 feet. It got a nice scrape on the bottom right corner, but the real problem is that now the screen feels loose and a bit less responsive. Is there a fix for this? If I take it back to Verizon would they exchange it for me? (I'm within the 30 days) Any suggestions?
Old 01-31-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
ricvantri

Model: 8320
Carrier: Movistar

Just get the tool (i think torx 5) open it and fix it. It is very easy if it got loose only you must make the things carefully
Old 01-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: STORM
Carrier: VERIZON WIRELESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightmatrix View Post
Hello,

Ooops I dropped my storm from about 3.5 feet. It got a nice scrape on the bottom right corner, but the real problem is that now the screen feels loose and a bit less responsive. Is there a fix for this? If I take it back to Verizon would they exchange it for me? (I'm within the 30 days) Any suggestions?
Your "30 days" is a return/exchange policy, it has nothing to do with a phone being dropped and you want another.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

My friend dropped his and the whole screen popped right off. He put it back on and it has been working fine.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
Sparkmaster

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRPriester View Post
Your "30 days" is a return/exchange policy, it has nothing to do with a phone being dropped and you want another.

I have to disagree somewhat.. If your phone is not working properly, than return it. I had a scratch on my voyager and they did not accept it due to it being damaged. I brought it to another store and complained about other issues and they replaced it.

I have dropped my Storm the other day about 2 feet. Landed perfect on its back. Now its very hard to type on it.. Seems like its very stiff..
Old 02-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask

Too bad someone hasn't designed a Storm tether. Sounds like a good idea being that these units simply aren't designed to withstand falls.

Verizon 9530
Old 02-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #7
neutrax

Carrier: verizon

my expeirence with verizon is LIE about everything tell them that you dropped it like 2 weeks ago and it was working fine then it jsut randomly stopped, if they tell you the physical damage voids the warranty complain and tell them you want them to take it back you dont like the service they are providing and you refuse to accept this treatment. usually theyll fix your stuff and give you free stuff...or credit your account for the inconvience. or replace it over the phone tell them your unable to get to a store they always say that if the phone is damaged physically theyll charge you but they never have. also the angry customer works better if its a store you dont goto and mention that the store you brought it from was terrible too....i love cheating the system these methods got me 5 free env's i upgraded to the env2 about 8months into my contract free of charge. and i went through 3 or 4 of those before i got my storm im still not to the end of my first 2 years
Old 02-02-2009, 01:22 AM   #8
BBG3

Carrier: BELL

UMMM You can try to return it, but I bet once they see the scrape they won't take it back. You can argue it was "DOA" dead on a arrival and it wasn't working right to begin with. Make sure you have all original packaging. You never know until you try.

Cheers
Old 02-02-2009, 04:33 AM   #9
RBernier

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrax View Post
my expeirence with verizon is LIE about everything tell them that you dropped it like 2 weeks ago and it was working fine then it jsut randomly stopped, if they tell you the physical damage voids the warranty complain and tell them you want them to take it back you dont like the service they are providing and you refuse to accept this treatment. usually theyll fix your stuff and give you free stuff...or credit your account for the inconvience. or replace it over the phone tell them your unable to get to a store they always say that if the phone is damaged physically theyll charge you but they never have. also the angry customer works better if its a store you dont goto and mention that the store you brought it from was terrible too....i love cheating the system these methods got me 5 free env's i upgraded to the env2 about 8months into my contract free of charge. and i went through 3 or 4 of those before i got my storm im still not to the end of my first 2 years
Your cheating the system is actually called FRAUD. Unfortunately, it's low lifes like you who make it difficult for honest people who have legitimate problems. The losers who have changed their phones multiple times for moronic reasons have now made it more difficult for people with legitimate phone problems to get a replacement.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #10
Sparkmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBernier View Post
Your cheating the system is actually called FRAUD. Unfortunately, it's low lifes like you who make it difficult for honest people who have legitimate problems. The losers who have changed their phones multiple times for moronic reasons have now made it more difficult for people with legitimate phone problems to get a replacement.

Come on low life.. LOL .. now thats funny. Dont you think that every rich millionaire out there uses the system..

Anyways, yesterday my son's Envy2 button was stuck. So we took a ride to the Verizon store and told my son that they may not even look at it cause the way its all scratched up. Walked it.. Signed in... 2 minutes later they called my name.. My 13 year old handed him the phone.. Told him the problem... Tech guy said all i could do is replace it.. And they did... Guess thats using the system..
Old 02-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #11
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBernier View Post
That's 100 percent correct. One reason why we now have a 35 dollar restocking fee is because of abuse of the return policy.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #12
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkmaster View Post
I have to disagree somewhat..
If it's evident that your phone was dropped and damaged, most likely you are on your own.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #13
ScottRPriester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrax View Post
my expeirence with verizon is LIE about everything
Most of us can see through people like you a mile away, and are happy to type in remarks in your account so when you continue with your stupid antics, other reps have a heads up.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:28 AM   #14
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask

Although it's not prudent to advertise your prevarications on here, I would hesitate to call the gentleman a "low life".

An avid poster on here advocated reverting the OS to an official version if a beta OS jacked up your Storm. This would involve lying to Verizon as well. If you are required to cover your tracks and omit certain manipulations of the phone, that is akin to lying. But, I wouldn't go so far as to call someone a "low life" for loading a Beta OS into their phone and omitting that fact when making a warranty claim.

"Omission" is merely a euphemism for "lying". Neutrax is simply needs to transition his commentary to a more tactful format. Yes?

Verizon 9530
Old 02-02-2009, 06:48 PM   #15
Lightmatrix

Model: 9330

Wow who knew my question would raise such a ruckus! I bought the Torx T6 tighetened the screen, took to to Verizon to ask about the semingly slightly "wigglier" screen and he said it wasn't outside of anything he's seen/felt. It's fine now.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #16
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have dropped my storm a couple times (There are some nice scratches on the chrome plastic) ... Today I discovered dust under the screen, took it to a Verizon Store and they are sending out my replacement.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #17
neutrax

Yeah well i mean low life as i may be ive managed to pay for a service and phone its not cheating the system the way i see it they want me to pay full price for a fone or pay for service on a fone that doesnt work perfectly its not that i take fones in for no reason i just dont tell the whole truth about the issue. heres the problem its guys like you that get way to shitty about the fact that you havent been successful with taking fone in when you knew it was your fault. and as for the part of this story where i retaliate im not gonna bother but seriously the key is " i wont pay for service with a broken phone (theyll sacrifice the phones for extended service), I wont pay for a new fone because the price is ridiculous" thats all it takes theyll almost always help you out its called GOOD BUSINESS btw thats something i learned in college doing Customer Service training.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #18
neutrax

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRPriester View Post
Most of us can see through people like you a mile away, and are happy to type in remarks in your account so when you continue with your stupid antics, other reps have a heads up.
As far you "typing in remarks" i can assure you as i work in customer service, if you cannot disprove my complaint, or if you cannot disprove that my phone has problems beyond my control you will surely replace my phone correct? say for instance my fiance had an ENV2 the lights would stay on and kill that battery after playing with all the options i took it to the verizon store, the rep said its damaged (the chrome accent was flaking off) i replied the phone has no physical damage to suggest the lights would stay on correct or is there a reason that the chrome accent make the light turn off? the rep finally replied by talking to the store manager and replacing the phone. My complaints are not Fraud they are complaints all i do is ENFORCE my complaint to reps that think theyd rather jerk off in the back room than help a loyal customer.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:09 AM   #19
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I will agree with you on the above post neutrax.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #20
Cowboyz

I have dust under my screen as well... Should I visit the local verizon store and ask for a replacement? Did you have any problems getting another one?
Closed Thread