Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
kjaslow
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telstra
Default Navigating Video Playback

Please Login to Remove!

Apologies if this question has been covered elsewhere. Every search I did returned so many off-the-mark results that I couldn't really find posts that might have covered this. And to boot, I'm a bit vague on whether my question belongs in this forum or the RIM Software one...well, on with it anyway...

I recently started watching videos on my Bold during my commute (by train, not while driving ). I also have an iPod touch. The Bold screen is a tiny bit smaller, but the value of only carrying one device makes this an easy call.

However, navigating video on the bold is painful! If I miss a few seconds of my video and want to drop back, that's nearly impossible. The trackball is just so random about how much it moves the video. Is there any keyboard shortcuts or any other way of deliberately controlling how far back or forward I want to go?

Here's the other scenario...It's so easy to accidentally hit escape or just inadvertently stop the video playback and go back to the list of videos. When this happens, your video knows nothing about the "last viewed" spot on the video and starts over. Sure, you can swap to other apps without closing video. But let's say you were looking at e-mail, and hit esc twice by accident instead of once. First esc takes you to the video. Second esc ends the video playback. Now you're starting the video over. Now, let's say you were 45 minutes into a 90-minute video. Navigating 45-minutes is awful! You roll the trackball too fast, the slider jumps straight to the end. Too slow, and you scroll a few seconds at a time! It's enough to drive me right back to the iPod.

So, anyone got any magic for me?

Cheers.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
vikjts

Model: 8700g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tmobile

I got the same problem here. I think it has something do with the type of codec used+options.
Closed Thread