BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
marine2011

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Post Storm? Is It Good Or Just Another Piece Of Junk?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys, I am wondering if the Blackberry Storm 9500 is actually worth the money. I've had many touch screen phones before such as the Samsung Glyde, the HTC XV6800, and the LG Voyager. But none of these phones really had a GREAT touch screen and they were not very responsive when I texted and such. I've watched a few video reviews on the Storm and it doesn't look bad...but I'm asking YOU GUYS and your own opinion on this phone...is it good or is it just another cheap attempt of making a touch screen phone that can compete with the iPhone and the G1 Phone. I would greatly appreciate any valuable info on this phone guys.

Thanks
Robert
Old 04-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
jdk2
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: 3101F549
Carrier: VZW

It has its good points and bad points. It definitely has a great touch screen. The mechanism that activates it can be problematic. The OS that will be on the device lags severely, is slow and unresponsive, reboots with little provocation and generally makes the phone a chore to use. Recent beta releases have made great strides in improving the user experience but are not without their own issues.

Before taking the plunge, find the phone and get a hands-on feel for it. The keyboard will likely require some getting used to.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
marine2011

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks man, yea I have been to verizon and tried the screen for texting, not bad and I will have to get used to it IF I get it
Old 04-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
stoneperez
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizion wireless

it is really up ot the user. for myself i shopped around for a couple of months checking out phones and doing some research and all roads lead to the storm for me... i love it you can adjust the touch settings to your desire and its responsive after you clear a your log....
Closed Thread