Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
Taz77

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default UMA Glitching/Studdering then falling off to EDGE

Please Login to Remove!

In the last 2-3 months I am having a problem with UMA glitching dropping bits of the conversation then eventually switching over to the cell network. Being that I been moving I have not had the time to sit down and call Tmo tech support. Thought I would post on here to see if anyone else is having the problem. It is independant of all variables and it has to be the phone doing it. My Fiancee's curve is working fine and it does this on ever single WiFi connection I establish no matter what network it is. Oh and no I am not using bluetooth It basically sounds like from a TCP/IP perspective that the phone is dropping packets.

I've tried to reinstall the phone, but when I restore my setting from backup the problem comes back; thereby, I am concluding it is something to do with some setting in the phone. However if I can't restore my information from my backup I loose a lot of valuable information (maybe there is a way I can do a selective restore....)
Old 06-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
bmwm5e60
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

why not backup your data then do a clean wipe and resync
Old 06-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
monkeypaw
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz77 View Post
In the last 2-3 months I am having a problem with UMA glitching dropping bits of the conversation then eventually switching over to the cell network. Being that I been moving I have not had the time to sit down and call Tmo tech support. Thought I would post on here to see if anyone else is having the problem. It is independant of all variables and it has to be the phone doing it. My Fiancee's curve is working fine and it does this on ever single WiFi connection I establish no matter what network it is. Oh and no I am not using bluetooth It basically sounds like from a TCP/IP perspective that the phone is dropping packets.

I've tried to reinstall the phone, but when I restore my setting from backup the problem comes back; thereby, I am concluding it is something to do with some setting in the phone. However if I can't restore my information from my backup I loose a lot of valuable information (maybe there is a way I can do a selective restore....)
Not sure what settings there are that would cause problems. But to do a selective restore, open DM and go into Backup and Restore. Click "Advanced" then in the upper left corner, select the File drop down menu and find your backup file.

Then you'll be able to select which ones to reinstall.
Closed Thread