Old 06-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
kiki816

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Can't click anything on Outlook Web Access Browser page

Please Login to Remove!

Hi!
I am brand new to Blackberry's but am not tech illiterate. I just switched from a Windows Mobile Device (Samsung Omnia) to the Blackberry Curve. I was able to access my Outlook Web Access email from Internet Explorer on the Omnia. On the Curve, I can log into the page, see that I have emails and who they are from but I cannot click on anything. My cursor is gray leading me to believe there are no active links on the page. I have tried re-doing every kind of browser/security setting and nothing works. Please help. Accessing my work email is why I bought a smartphone.

BTW, I tried to automatically link the Web Access email, but I am guessing a firewall is blocking it because my credentials are all correct but it keeps giving me an error.

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.
Thank you!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
VIOLATOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
PIN: Pulled - 1, 2, 3 run!
Carrier: AT&T

I have never gotten OWA to work via web browser either. It does set up via your BIS though by setting up a "work" account and entering the https://remote web address and then the log on credentials. It also syncs very well as far as read items, deleted items, etc...

David

Twitter
Old 06-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
kiki816

Violator,
Thanks for the reply. I tried doing it through the BIS on the handheld and on the website and it won't let me do it. It says "An error occurred during email account validation. Please check your information and try again..." I know my info is right and I am getting emails in my outlook stating the same error. This is very frustrating =(
I even tried to forward the Outlook web access to my blackberry email account and nothing happens. It has to a setting configuration somewhere.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #4
azbbtraveler

Model: 8330

I'm not able to either. My understanding is in OWA Microsoft version 8.1.375.2 made the option unavailable to BBs. It use to work and our IS people purposely updated to this version to stop BB access (security issues).

Also, none of the browser options work using Internet access. They do not support the scripting needed... at least not on my 8830 world edition.

I'm not too happy about this and am looking at other phone options after being with BBs for 9 years.

Kind regards
Old 06-29-2009, 07:47 AM   #5
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on
Default Solution: 3rd party browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki816 View Post
I was able to access my Outlook Web Access email from Internet Explorer on the Omnia. On the Curve, I can log into the page, see that I have emails and who they are from but I cannot click on anything. My cursor is gray leading me to believe there are no active links on the page. I have tried re-doing every kind of browser/security setting and nothing works. Please help. Accessing my work email is why I bought a smartphone.
I have the same problem in the Blackberry browser, but I can get into my OWA email fine using the Opera Mini browser. Everything is accessible.

http://mini.opera.com/

The Bolt browser may also work, I haven't tried it.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #6
kiki816

Default Found an ok solution to my problem

Hello all!
After much reconfiguring of all the different browser settings to find different combinations, I am finally able to click on things in OWA via the web browser. I had to go Options -> General Properties -> and uncheck "Enable cursor in column view"

If I do this and then login into OWA, I have to fidget with the trackball a little until I start to see the links like Inbox, Sent, etc. highlighted. Be careful because it is easy to lose track of where the cursor is since you no longer have the arrow cursor. For example, if your cursor is over the X for delete, there is a dotted line box around the X, it doesn't highlight so it is hard to see.

Until I can get BIS to work, this is the solution for me.

kathrynhr, How do you get the Opera Mini browser?
Bolt is good too, I downloaded it so that I can access my University's Blackboard account.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #7
VIOLATOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: BOLD
PIN: Pulled - 1, 2, 3 run!
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki816 View Post
...kathrynhr, How do you get the Opera Mini browser?...

Opera Mini - Download

David

Twitter
Old 06-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #8
French
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330

I personally prefer BOLT for OWA access via browser (over Opera). I tried Opera and I think Bolt renders the page better.
Closed Thread