BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
ElusiveAura
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: 30519FCC
Carrier: Verizon
Default Received my innocase360 for storm. Question.

Please Login to Remove!

I love the case but one problem. Everytime I press the screen I get bubbles and a smeared look behind the screen protector from this case. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Just for note. I did take off original screen protector before placing in this case. This bubble air or smear makes the picture look distorted/bad when screen is black and in some cases being used (texts). Thanks
Old 07-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
rileyrg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 20cbbd8e
Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveAura View Post
I love the case but one problem. Everytime I press the screen I get bubbles and a smeared look behind the screen protector from this case. Is there a way to stop this from happening? Just for note. I did take off original screen protector before placing in this case. This bubble air or smear makes the picture look distorted/bad when screen is black and in some cases being used (texts). Thanks
Wow. I certainly wouldn't love it if it was so flawed.

I bought an Otter and it turned out most of the rave reviews were apparently from people who had not really tried it since it simply didn't work properly and Otter had to design a new one. (The touch screen did not work properly when in the case). 10/10 for customer service though since Otter sent me a new version free of charge 2 weeks ago. The new version is MUCH better. The fact I got taxed by the inflexible German customs is another story altogether....

And then with horror I realised something else. Despite it being called an "Otter Box" it's not even slightly water proof according to the small print. I think its obviously better than nothing mind you.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
ElusiveAura
Thumbs Must Hurt

It's not that it's "so flawed". It's just a minor inconvenience. The case is very well made and very thin. Like I said, I love it just wondering if there is a fix for the screen issue. I'm thinking If I put a screen protector back on underneath the problem will go away. My friends is like this and he doesn't have my problem.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
rileyrg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveAura View Post
It's not that it's "so flawed". It's just a minor inconvenience. The case is very well made and very thin. Like I said, I love it just wondering if there is a fix for the screen issue. I'm thinking If I put a screen protector back on underneath the problem will go away. My friends is like this and he doesn't have my problem.
What's your feeling on the protection it provides?
Old 07-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
ElusiveAura
Thumbs Must Hurt

Doesn't feel cheap. Feels really good. Easy to grip. I love the thinness of it. It looks like I would absorb some decent shocks/drops. Doesn't come off easy and that's a plus in my eyes. I dont want my phone falling out. ;). I have noticed it's a a LITTLE tedious touching the corners when typing bu I'm already getting used to it. I still prefer it because it seems to keep the protecion of dust etc getting inside out of the phone. I'd buy another one if I had too if that helps. ;). Only gripe so far is that air under screen and I believe a screen protector underneath will remedy that.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
rileyrg
Thumbs Must Hurt

The bottom keys are/were the issue with the Otter. I think the dust issue is more myth than reality though. I like the fact that you say its thin. But to be honest I have gone back to just using the leather holster - it saves a LOT of battery too using it religiously.
Closed Thread