Old 07-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
tfgaa

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Etisalat
Default Importing Contacts from SIM/vCard

Please Login to Remove!

I have a Blackberry Pearl and have similar problems on an 8700:

I have a SIM card full of contacts from a Nokia E51. I put the SIM card into the Pearl and go to Address Book and then 'SIM Phone Book' and I see 1, yes one contact only. Using the Setup Wizard to import contacts seems to do something at first but again, it isn't importing them into the Address Book.

On the 8700 I have a similar problem, however this time it seems to import all contacts from A to G - around 230 contacts but refuses to recognise any more.

It gets stranger. When I go to the operator/SIM menu I can find all my contacts, but there doesn't seem to be a way to import them. Further, I can see my SIM contacts in other phones (obviously it works in the Nokia) including, of all things an iPhone!

I have copied all my contacts onto my PC as .vcf files but as yet I can see no way to import vCard files onto either of the Blackberries. I've tried using the Blackberry Desktop software without success.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Can you import your contacts into Outlook or Outlook Express and then sync the BB that application?

Or can you sync the Nokia with Google Contacts and then sync the BB to Google?

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Closed Thread