Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
SimUser907

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ACS
Default Swapping service providers with my BB

Please Login to Remove!

We have a regional carrier in Alaska called ACS. I started with an ACS branded Blackberry Pearl 8130. I did not want to sign a new 2 year contract to get hooked up with a Blackberry Curve 8330. So I bought one on EBay. It's branded with Verizon. ACS was able to hook up the phone part, but unable to get Blackberry data plan to work. ACS claims their Blackberry data plan will not work on a Verizon branded phone. I've talked with several different reps from ACS, none of them have been successful at getting the data part of the phone to work. However, the data plan on my Pearl is still working. I get all my phone calls on one phone and my messages and internet on the other. It's been two days now.

I've gone thru many of the threads in the forums and tried all the different recommendations I could find.

Is there anything I can do to get this phone fully functional on the ACS network or just give up and get an ACS branded phone?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

No CDMA network will currently activate a phone they did not sell themselves. The technology is compatible, but they all have policies that if they didn't sell it, they won't activate it.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
SimUser907

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ACS
Default I got it!

I found a thread on crackberry referencing the same issue.

Had to dial ##000000 on my phone, compared and adjusted all my settings to match. Presto, everything on my Verizon phone now works on the ACS network. Had to reinstall a few apps, reregister my blackberry buddies but it all works!
Closed Thread