Old 07-31-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
akwebb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Phone Fusion Visual Voicemail app

Please Login to Remove!

I haven't seen a review of this app in the past year and was wondering what people thought of it? I am perpetually on the search for quality FREE apps and recently have found myself wanting more from YouMail. I briefly tried googlevoice, but was unimpressed for voicemail control. So far my opinion of Phone Fusion is promising, the app updates QUICKLY with new messages. I don't know about battery life as I just installed it a couple of hours ago. The online interface definitely leaves something to be desired and the contact interface is not as nice as Youmail.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Thank you for sharing. I am a You Mail user that is open to competition.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 PM   #3
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Curve 8900)

Is there an ota link for the application that you can post? Youmail has been great for me but I am always willing to try new applications.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
akwebb
Thumbs Must Hurt

I actually found it in AppWorld, but I would recommend setting up via computer online and then it will send you a link to download it via email. You can sign up via Sign Up Now FREE. No Strings. No Kidding.

Note that the picture they show of the blackberry interface is NOT what it looks like on the bold. It's much more like the android theme on the bold.

On a side note about Youmail, one reason I'm not 100% sold on it is the new vm update and notification. The only way I can get quick vm updates and not kill my battery is to turn off polling and have it notify my of a new message by sms, which seems to be where it searches to see if you have a new message and automatically downloads. I don't text much, so having to go in and delete the sms is just an added step for me.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
Kopter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon (BES)

I too have some issues with YouMail (erratic/unreliable vm updates to the device, general failure to receive v.mails...etc). I put it aside for now and am trying this.

Thanks for the heads up !
Old 08-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
akwebb
Thumbs Must Hurt

So far I like the blackberry implementation of the app. The look is good and I like that it updates the app via email notification. Automatic downloads are quick. I also like that you can scroll through the voicemail to a particular spot with the trackball.

Cons so far are really just the web based portion. It doesn't sync with the mobile app, so when you listen to a message on your phone, 3 days later when you login online, it still shows that message as new. Features are limited in comparison to other vm options, but not necessary if you just use it as a basic third party vm.

Overall, I really like the bb app, and if they improve the online version, it just makes it better for what I use it for.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #7
themlruts
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: Ask
Carrier: T-Mobile

quick review
Pros
Fast update less than a min after the lmessage is left it updates on the client. The email is even faster.
Delete one exit (empty trash)
Black or white background
Uses your phone book
Also had pictures if you have them stored in address book
Cons
Difficult to read text epscially if you use white background.
Deleting a message it marks the message red but does not delete it until you choose the option to empty the trash.
There is an option to empty trash on exit. It does prompt you if you want to delete apon exit. I have had problems with it not deleting.
No transcribe avalible.
Web site needs improving.
Email only shows the number that called you not the name.

Overal its a good product fast to update. Still needs some improvement. The interface of the app has to be updated. Need to work on the del feature.

I have tried youmail and google voice as well as fusion mail. I still think i am going to stay with youmail. Has some more online features and i like how you can upload your address book and it inserts there name in the voicemail message. As well as the email subject tells you who not just the number. Those are my 2 cents.
Hope this helps
Old 08-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #8
akwebb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well, after giving it a good trial, I am now reverting back to Youmail hoping they fixed their issues with battery drain and memory leaks. A few issues that have been more common than not for me was that it was frequently not downloading voicemail. The new message would show up in the app, but when clicking on it it hangs and attempts to connect to server. I eventually have to back out of the app and call the voicemail to retrieve the message.

That's another issue, when calling the voicemail, you have to go through 2-3 prompts before it will play your message.

Pros:
fast update on in the app, but issues with retrieving
uses your contacts
simple
NOW OFFERS TRANSCRIPTION-if you want to pay for it
Cons:
Issues with retrieving message
Email and text notifications are cryptic
Website doesn't use your contact info, so just the number
Website doesn't sync with phone to update read/unread messages
Multiple prompts to hear new voicemails

So overall, I would probably be using it still if it weren't for the issue with message retrieval, but quick access to vm is critical. I've been pleased with the interface of Youmail, and we'll see if they've addressed the issues I've had (like they said they did in the email).
Old 09-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #9
njschicago

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

for some reason the app worked well for a while but all of a sudden no longer updates. works great from me outside this. any ideas how to fix?
Closed Thread