Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
reddogmama

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default "Radio Path Unavailable" on a month-old 8900

Please Login to Remove!

Got my 8900 Curve middle of November; AT&T, and is a refurbished one. Has been great, reliable and dependable until today. I use this phone for every call I make or receive; it is on 24/7 so that my 82 year-old mother can reach me.

Today she called a friend of mine, who then came and told me she had called; I saw that I had a voice mail icon, though the phone hadn't rung. I couldn't retrieve the voice mail--kept getting "radio path unavailable". Also couldn't make any call out, got the same message. I did receive and send a couple of short texts during this period.

My service came back for a couple or three hours late this afternoon. But, now it's gone again.

One thing may be coincidental or not; this morning, before the problem started, I tried to send my sister a pic I had taken with the Blackberry, in a MMS. Instead of the checkmark I always see by a message that has been sent, there was a different icon, from the time I hit "send". That icon never changed, like when I send a SMS and it goes from those radio-wave-looking icon to a checkmark. It looked like a square with an "L" inside it. My sister did not get the MMS. Shortly after this I found out that my phone wasn't receiving/making calls.

Did I overload something trying to send the photo? Would it have anything to do with it being refurbished?

I have done a search here, and spent most of the evening reading everything I can find on "radio path unavailable", but still need help. I have:
1) turned it off then back on
2) pulled the battery
3) pulled the SIM card and the battery, then reinserted
4) hurled it against the wall (OK, not really, but want to really badly)

OK, I just now tried it as I was typing this, and now it's working. So, it comes and goes.

I've read everything I can find on this, both at this forum, and other google search results. If any of you have any information or experience or knowledge about this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

unless your in a fringe area, your phone may be defective. Return to the carrier for a replacement. Make sure you tell them how long it has been going on if over the warrantee period.
Closed Thread