rhath127
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Optus
Default nexus one or storm 2?

Please Login to Remove!

hi guys,

recently purchased a nexus one and am loving everything about the phone. however, there are some 3g connectivity issues which affect data (ie emails, uploading pics on fbook). this results in delayed emails or not receiving emails at all. it seems to be a known issue around the N1 forums. Gmail has integrated push email on the N1 but due to these errors its not pushing.

i moved over from a 9700 bold due to trackpad issues and screen & keypad being a little small.

due to email issues am thinking of coming back to BB - this time to storm 2. would you recommend this? my priority is emails, call quality and no physical issues with the hardware (ie storm 2 lower left corner locking up).

i have my ipod touch for music, games, movies etc.

thanks for your advice

"Bold me up, Scotty"
Old 01-31-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Depends on if you like the touch screen concept or not.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
adorkable
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask.
Carrier: Verizon

I love my Storm, but typing on the touch screen does take some getting used to. Because there is no key rollover, where you can press the next key before you've completely depressed the last key, it will slow down your typing a bit. Since your main use of the phone will be email, I would definitely suggest testing one out first to see if you don't mind the touch screen.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
rhath127
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Optus

thanks for the replies - with emails its more so receiving them as opposed to sending out emails.

and BBM is an excellent tool too coz alot of friends n family are overseas

"Bold me up, Scotty"
Old 01-31-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
BUC

Carrier: Movistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkable View Post
I love my Storm, but typing on the touch screen does take some getting used to. Because there is no key rollover, where you can press the next key before you've completely depressed the last key, it will slow down your typing a bit. Since your main use of the phone will be email, I would definitely suggest testing one out first to see if you don't mind the touch screen.
The Storm 2 DOES have key rollover.... I have tried a Nexus One, but I love my Storm 2 so far... I would suggest the same as others, try it in a store and even though its hard to type at first, you grow to love it... This is the best typing experience I have had in a BB....

I know you dont care for multimedia since you have your ipod, but its worth noting that the Storm's music player its really good, the camera for pictures its good also for day to day use (specially in day light) ALSO I took a picture with the Nexus One in the store at 5 MP and the same picture I shoot with my Storm 2 at 3.2 MP and the Storm 2 picture was better! seriously!... when I zoomed in I could easily read small print of a sheet I picture and on the Nexus One it was blurrier...

The downside of the BB as you may know..... The Browser... but as I stated in other post, Opera latest browser for mobile is awsome on the Storm... I recommend downloading Opera Mini 5 Beta 2...

Good Luck
Old 02-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
MushroomStamp
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: VZW

I agree with some here. However I am a current Storm 2 user. All fanboy stuff aside, I want to love this phone but I don't. I have been looking and decided I will get the N1 as soon as it hits VZW.

As stated above. the browser is HORRIBLE!!! I however do not find the Opera all that great. I really enjoy my browsing experience on my sons Droid. I just think the Droid is UGLY.

The typing, well that's the #1 reason I do not like the Storm at ALL. The suck browser is #2. It is something to do with recognition because I can type on the droid screen with rarely a mistake.. on teh S2 I have to go sooo slow because it is ALWAYS picking the wrong letter and changing my words also. (that's actually 2 diff issues). I have tried all the techniques people suggest, however, at the end of the day.. I want to throw my S2 out the window because it's so frustrating.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:06 PM   #7
BUC

Carrier: Movistar

No offense intended but you must have huge fat fingers. I repeat, no offense. I have tried the droid and nexus 1 and iphone and the Storm 2 is the best for typing. And I know this is subjective but I find SureType great (I used to have a flip) and the landscape mode its comparable with the one on the iphone. Now beyond that in my opinion I think this phone is even better to type in than other blackberries just because the options you get.

and I don't understand what is not to like of Opera 5beta2. It has tabs, its really fast, it arrange text to the wide of the screen, the start page is awesome, and for those who like a static screen for browsing, well opera works by touch no need to click.

At the end of the day its up to you but this is the phone that suits best my needs for casual browsing, great multimedia experience, IM, email and task manager.
Closed Thread