BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 07:25 AM   #1
BlackberryPirateTampaBay

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile
Lightbulb BlackBerry 7105t & T-mobile Awesome

Please Login to Remove!

BlackBerry 7105t & T-mobile are a truly awesome combo...I was very surprised having been a Verizon customer for 7 years and recently a Sprint customer for 9 months...
Verizon is a good carrier but too expensive and way overrated...
Sprint is a fair carrier but very poor customer service and also overrated...

Which brings me to T-mobile...my coverage has matched VZW & Sprint in a seven country area in West & Central Florida (Tampa Bay area and some rural counties) I work in...seemless quailty service with excellent customer service...not too mention awesome rate plans for voice minutes & Blackberry data...

T-mobile's coverage area is certainly growing and with their excellent customer service I must say it's a refreshing change...
Old 12-23-2005, 10:07 AM   #2
orgullodemexico
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7520/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I wish someone would explain why all the carriers are charging $50 per month for unlimited use on BB and T-mobile is at $30. As soon as I can get out of my Nextel contract I am switching. I have had a lot of problems with direct connect using BB, i860 and i730. Customer service is horrible. T-mobile coverage is much better in Mexico and the Carribean.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:59 AM   #3
buddapaw
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

It is actually $20 bucks non bes
Old 12-23-2005, 04:10 PM   #4
Yarrr

Model: 7290

What i dont know is why people actually like t-mobile
Old 12-23-2005, 04:51 PM   #5
dmaria
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7105T

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddapaw
It is actually $20 bucks non bes
Only if you have avoice plan also - otherwise it is $30.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:15 PM   #6
asmith

Model: 7100g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarrr
Because they have cheap plans, better customer service than most other carriers i've used, and decent coverage.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:04 PM   #7
Reesa23

Model: 7130e
PIN: 32BED3FE
Carrier: US Cellular

I actualy beat my Nextel contract! I just kept calling and complaining and one of the managers said she could take me off my contract and did. The very next day I called customer service and verified my contract was over and I went right over to US cellular and transfered my phone number and they cancelled my Nextel for me! Mind you it took alot of phone calls to customer service to get off that contract, but I did. $250 saved. My Nextel i730 is now for sale with it's accessories on ebay.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:56 AM   #8
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgullodemexico
I wish someone would explain why all the carriers are charging $50 per month for unlimited use on BB and T-mobile is at $30.

TMobile sells very many blackberries and enjoys economies of scale.

They upgraded to new RIM/TMobile Web Client which saves them money.

They charge separately for international data roaming where the major fraud and major loss for carrier happens. If you do not need international roaming you should not be subsidizing unlucky folks who had their phone stolen overseas, phone bill maxed at thousands dollars, and then have all expenses forgiven by the carrier.

$10 less for blackberry users without corporate account: BES. If you do not wish to have corporate access for blackberry it will be cheaper for you, because you would not have to subsidize BES administrators calling T-Mobile tech support with questions related to Enterprise Activation.

T-Mobile has excellent pricing structure for consumer blackberries.

Last edited by Berry One; 12-24-2005 at 06:45 PM..
Old 12-24-2005, 07:24 PM   #9
disp350
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

One big thing about T Mobile, especially for corporate users, is that they are the only major BB carrier that offers widespread international coverage. Our fleet of T-Mobile units work almost anywhere in the world and their customer service is pretty good. We get the $10.00 discount because all of our units are on a BES. Plus, being a business customer, we have a separate 800 number for calling Tech Support and we can get right through to their BB support without waiting more than a few minutes.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:25 AM   #10
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
I live in the city, hardly ever leave the city and when I do leave this city I fly in to another city so TMO is perfect for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry One
$10 less for blackberry users without corporate account: BES. If you do not wish to have corporate access for blackberry it will be cheaper for you, because you would not have to subsidize BES administrators calling T-Mobile tech support with questions related to Enterprise Activation.
I learned today that when you have BES, there is continual chatting between your device, RIM and the exchange server (in my case). I imagine this is TMO way way of not charging those who don't use BES and making the ones who do use BES pay for the extra data. It parallels what you said about their international plans.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:48 AM   #11
BlackberryPirateTampaBay

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile
Quote:
Great Customer Service...Best Voice Rate Plans / Best BlackBerry Rate Plans...Excellent Coverage where I live...(need excellent service I have a 6 county district)...My Clients demand excellent service and I deliver...because TMO delivers for me...

Individual service & coverage may vary in different areas...depending on location and enviromental conditions...Please consult any service carrier before entering into any contract...and always purchase what serves your needs...not what puts money in a salespersons or companies pocket...

Remember...be the screwer...not the screwee....Wake Up America....
Old 12-25-2005, 10:22 AM   #12
bookem

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

I have been using them since omnipoint, and never had a bad experience.
Closed Thread