Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
STBickerton

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: None Yet
Default Phone shutting down and restarting with foreign SIM

Please Login to Remove!

Hello Folks,

I am new to this forum and new to Blackberry phones. I recently bought a used Blackberry Bold 9000. It is an AT&T branded phone but unlocked, and I may activate it on T-Mobile but I do not have a T-Mobile SIM yet. I tried it out using a SIM card that was used when I was over in the Philippines just to see if the phone would work. It worked, but of course I got a message saying the SIM was not allowed because it is not active.

After that, I put in a SIM from a Philippine carrier that is on international roaming. This allows me to make a receive text messages from the US (where I am now) to the Philippines. I've used that SIM on another phone Samsung Propel) that is also branded AT&T and it works with no trouble. But when I put that SIM into the Blackberry, it would start up, I would see the phone "bars" indicating reception, but after just 30 seconds the screen freezes, it shuts off, then restarts again. This cycle continues, and I cannot use the phone.

Any suggestions? As I said, I have not tried it with a SIM from a US carrier yet (I will have to find a colleague with T-Mobile), but perhaps others on this forum experienced this.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Closed Thread