Old 10-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
olly811

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Virgin Mobile
Default 8520 White Screen....SOS!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

I have a broken screen on my BB, could see partial display through cracks and 'liquidy' looking bits. Hooked the BB up to my laptop with BBScreenStream and I can see the OS working perfectly. BB Desktop Manager also working fine, syncing etc.......So, I replaced the screen with one from ebay (It is the correct model number, 007/111).
Now, all I get it is a white screen, the phone is still functional with BBScreanStream etc. I thought the new screen was faulty so I reinstalled the old one and that is now just solid white (with cracks, of course).
I have checked all the tiny sprung connections and stuck a piece of tape over the four usb solder points, and still no joy. Have also wiped with JL_Cmder and reinstalled BB OS. I am all out of ideas.......

ANY HELP MOST WELCOME....

Olly.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:13 AM   #2
gtfletcher

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

i have a very similar problem! have got an 8520 that was recently dropped and the screen is now white with several coloured lines across it on the right hand side. the phone itself still works, makes calls texts etc and have done a screen shot which shows everything to be in working order other than the screen. took the phone apart to check the connection which appeared to be fine, but disconnected and reseated anyway to double check and still no joy.

just wondering if anybody has got any tests etc i can run before bothering with new screen or do i just have to bite the bullet and hope it works?!

cheers!
Closed Thread