Old 01-20-2011, 06:24 AM   #1
migrib

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Optimus
Default Help on Blackberry 7290 Portuguese Software

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

I have a Blackberry 7290 with AT&T software but now i am in Portugal, and i would like to have Portuguese Software on my mobile. I am having trouble connecting to portuguese network, can anybody help me on this matter?
Also i would like to download BBM for my 7290 and do not know how, need help on that too!

Regards, MR
Old 01-20-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Help on Blackberry 7290 Portuguese Software

It isn't the software....at least not the fact that it is OS software released by AT&T.

RIM developes the OS software and it is tested and released by the carriers. Generally speaking you can install the OS released by any carrier provided it is the version for your model, and plenty of people do it all the time. See the latest OS threads here on the forum, for example.

You may have a software problem, but not because it was a version released by AT&T. But it would be better if you describe the problem and see if anyone has any other ideas, better ideas.

Also, a hard reset fixes most problems that a BlackBerry user encounters. If you haven't done it, that's something to try first thing. (With power on, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds. Then test.)
Old 01-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #3
migrib

Model: 7290
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Optimus
Default Re: Help on Blackberry 7290 Portuguese Software

Tks Ira for your info.

But the problem remains, i have downloaded a software that took away the portuguese language from my mobile, and just left english as an option.
With that i cannot detect any network, so the mobilie does not work. how can i get the software that i need, i have been surfing the net and downloading many versions but no change!!! Any idea of what o should do?
Closed Thread