Old 01-26-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
AmyBoo

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VODAFONE
Default Assign Speed Key

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, first ever time using a forum to get help, please bare with me, lol

My curve 8520 has taken a turn for the worse in past 2 days, firstly it assigned the letter T as a speed dial to one of my contacts, so everytime i typed T it would call her, very annoying, i have resolved this issue, but now my phone keeps asking me if i want to assign a speed dial to letter T when i havent even touched it!

Also i think this is connected to the problem im having whilst typing bbm's and sms ... whenever i press T it either repeats it to look like this > tttt or capitalises it in the middle of the word.

There has been no water damage, i havent dropped it or damaged it, i look after it and this is why im very confused.
Wondering if i have altered something without realising...
Any help or suggestions will be gratefully recieved!!
Thanks xx
Old 01-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Assign Speed Key

If you follow the method below to add/remove a speed dial key you should be able to at least remove the T key. If you did not drop or get the BB wet( even left in a room with very high humidity such as a shower) then the key may just be worn. If it is then replacement may be in order unless you can tolerate the problem.

If you hold a key down for a predetermined time the BB will attempt to offer a speed dial assignment. This may be why you keep dialing the T key.

Set up speed dial for a contact
1. In the phone, press the Menu key.
2. Click View Speed Dial List.
3. Click an unassigned key or assigned key
4. Click New Speed Dial or delete the entry.

Last edited by tsac; 01-26-2011 at 08:41 AM..
Old 01-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
AmyBoo

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VODAFONE

Yes i deleted the assigned speed dial using that method, so it doesnt ring my contact that it had accidently been assigned to anymore, but now every so often when i use the trackpad it asks if i want to assign speed dial to letter T, and i cannot scroll down to the "No" option i just have to use the back button to exit.
Im going to take it into a shop i think, but just wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas first.
thankyou for replying,
Old 01-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

that may be the best thing. sometimes keys just act up and they might be able to clean or simply replace the keypad.

Have a good day.
Closed Thread