BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
niccB

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodacom
Smile Emails only go to my "message" icon on my Blackberry Curve??

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there,

I have two Gmail accounts on my phone.

The problem I have is that the emails I recieve keep going to my "message" icon and not the actual gmail icon that appears once you create the account.

The one email (my private Gmail) works fine. The emails that come through go straight to the Gmail icon.
The other one (my informal Gmail) doesnt.

I have tried numerous things to try and make it work:

1) Deleted all the service books for this, hard reboot and then registering again.

2) Under the messages, under options, and under the inbox settings I have un-ticked that email account, the messages still come throught, but when I un-tick it, the message is no where to be found.
I have to tick this box again (the email address) so I can see the email in my "messages" icon again.

3) I have tried to delete and readd the Gmail accout, but still the same issue.

Im not sure what to do. I dont think its the phone itself, as the Gmail account (private) on works perferctly.

HELP!!

Thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
lprmcnit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Emails only go to my "message" icon on my Blackberry Curve??

My cell provider is Verizon, I haven't worked with your cell provider. It something similar was happening on my phone however, with Verizon, I'd call them and see if the BIS settings were messed up somehow...I'd start there, at least you could confirm that everything is setup correctly on the back end.
Closed Thread