PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile and Telstra
Default Help - Pretty Please

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there,

I'm hoping to god someone can help me,

I have a Blackberry Bold 9700 to T-Mobile United States

I am temporarily in Australia so I decided to unlock my phone

Bought an unlocking code and entered it in.

My phone is now on Telstra Carrier Australia

Its found the carrier ok and I can ring out and receive calls but I'm unable to send or receive texts or connect to the internet, the person I bought the unlocking code off told me that I wouldnt need to change a thing, I emailed them afterwards saying that I'm unable to send messages and it comes back with

short message transfer rejected and they said I now need to call telstra and chance the APN, MMS and SMS settings???

I have NO IDEA what I'm doing now I thought this would be simple as I'm heading back to the states in a month - and would like to return to my original T-Mobile carrier

BUT is there someone out there who can help me please I'm pretty cluey and have googled a fair bit but its starting to sound a bit more technical than I can handle so if anyone has the time and patience I would greatly appreciate your help!!

Thanks

BerryBerryNice
Old 05-20-2011, 05:12 AM   #2
BerryBerryNice

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile and Telstra
Default Re: Help - Pretty Please

117 views and not one response....does this mean there is no chance in getting help :(
Old 05-20-2011, 05:56 AM   #3
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

So let's see... You have a T-Mobile BlackBerry from the US. You are now in Australia attempting to use it on Telstra. And you have unlocked it.

Problem is, unlocking it doesn't make it magically work on other carriers. Unlocking it means that you can obtain a SIM card from other compatible carriers and use it in the unlocked phone. Therefore, if you haven't changed the SIM card in your phone from T-Mobile to Telstra, then you are roaming on Telstra's network with a US based T-Mobile phone.

First things first... does Telstra use SIM cards, and are T-Mobile phones compatible with Telstra's radio frequencies?

And by the way, the reason you have so many views and not a single response (until now), is because of the title of your post. Don't use titles such as "Help - Pretty Please" as it doesn't describe, at all, what is wrong. Use a meaningful title so that people don't have to open your post only to discover that they can't (or won't) help.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.

Last edited by ifonline; 05-20-2011 at 05:57 AM..
Old 05-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

The only thing guaranteed with pre-paid SIM cards is phone calls. *Usually* SMS is included, but not always. You'll have to confirm with Telstra exactly what's included with the SIM you purchased.

MMS will not work as it's part of BlackBerry data, and you need a BlackBerry data plan. Same thing with internet. Your BB is still associated with your T-Mobile data plan back home so you can't set up data for things like MMS or Facebook, email, BBM, etc on Telstra until you:

A. Call T-Mobile and have your BlackBerry disassociated with your T-Mobile BlackBerry data plan.

B. Sign up for a data plan with Telstra, either on a regular monthly plan (2-year contract, early termination fees. Not a good choice for a short vacation!) or on a pre-paid BlackBerry data plan. I don't even know if Telstra offers pre-paid BB data. Few carriers anywhere offer this.

T-Mobile offers something called WorldClass International roaming package. That may be your best bet if you want more than simple phone calls and maybe text messaging.

Last edited by rambo47; 05-20-2011 at 10:51 AM..
Closed Thread