Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:57 PM   #1
bigred
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100r
Carrier: Rogers
Default BBToday and v4.1

Please Login to Remove!

I just downloaded and installed BBToday, its a great little program and exactly what I was looking for.

Problem is that any time I click on any of the BBToday areas the app locks up. I can still Alt+Esc out of it but the app is frozen for a few minutes until the OS spits out the error message "Uncaught Exception: Process BBToday(125) killed due to message queue overflow".

Is there something I can do to fix this or has the program not been updated to work with OS v4.1?

Also how do I find the location code for the weather section?

I would also love to use BBreply and BBCorrector, does anyone know if they work on the 8700?

P.S. I know about PocketDay, but I'd rather use BBToday if its available. Personally I prefer its look and layout.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
mbay2002
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

BBtoday does lock as you described on 8700 with version 4.1. You get what you pay for... the source code is available, so somebody could go in and try to fix it. I've learned not to hit any keys when I'm in BBtoday, for the most part. I still do it once in a while.

You can simply use your zip code for the weather section, assuming that you're in the U.S.

BBreply works on the 8700, but I un-installed it as I had no need.

I did not install BBCorrector, becuase I ken spel jus fyne, thank yu.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
bigred
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100r

Ok, thanks for the info!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:08 PM   #4
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

So far it is working fine with my upgrade to 4.1 in my 7250.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 03-11-2006, 03:02 AM   #5
eykhong
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: 21C27C4C

Just installed bbreply on my 8700r (Rogers). I do not seem to be able to see any "Using" or "Reply to" field. Anyone have any thoughts? Or does this just not work with Rogers.

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:41 AM   #6
14pups

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by eykhong
Just installed bbreply on my 8700r (Rogers). I do not seem to be able to see any "Using" or "Reply to" field. Anyone have any thoughts? Or does this just not work with Rogers.

Thanks.
Open the message

Click and scroll to "Reply"

Click and scroll to " Set Reply TO"
Old 03-11-2006, 01:03 PM   #7
eykhong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pups
Open the message

Click and scroll to "Reply"

Click and scroll to " Set Reply TO"
Thanks, but I do not see "Set Reply TO" anywhere.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:41 PM   #8
eykhong

Never mind. A reboot didn't do it, but a battery pull got it working.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:36 AM   #9
dinga
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred
I just downloaded and installed BBToday, its a great little program and exactly what I was looking for.

Problem is that any time I click on any of the BBToday areas the app locks up. I can still Alt+Esc out of it but the app is frozen for a few minutes until the OS spits out the error message "Uncaught Exception: Process BBToday(125) killed due to message queue overflow".

Is there something I can do to fix this or has the program not been updated to work with OS v4.1?

Also how do I find the location code for the weather section?

I would also love to use BBreply and BBCorrector, does anyone know if they work on the 8700?

P.S. I know about PocketDay, but I'd rather use BBToday if its available. Personally I prefer its look and layout.
I have the same problem too. There are two other minor problems:

1. Can't read the message coounts because they are display on top of email address.

2. Stock section is hard to see when it is high lighted. The background color need to be changed when high light.

I have already download the source code and fixed above two issues. But I only test it with simulator in pc, haven't try to deploy it to my BB yet.

I may have sometime next week to look at this crash thing...
Old 03-12-2006, 07:34 AM   #10
Mako5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T via Bluefish
Default Remove Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinga
I have the same problem too. There are two other minor problems:

1. Can't read the message coounts because they are display on top of email address.

2. Stock section is hard to see when it is high lighted. The background color need to be changed when high light.

I have already download the source code and fixed above two issues. But I only test it with simulator in pc, haven't try to deploy it to my BB yet.

I may have sometime next week to look at this crash thing...
2 things:

1) How do you guys use this program? Do you have a way to configure it to come on say when the first time you turn it on?
2) I had the same problem and a remove battery, cold boot fixed it. However I am also having the problem of the Messages "stepping" on the email addresses. If you fix it, I would be very interested in getting a copy.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #11
dinga
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako5
2 things:

1) How do you guys use this program? Do you have a way to configure it to come on say when the first time you turn it on?
2) I had the same problem and a remove battery, cold boot fixed it. However I am also having the problem of the Messages "stepping" on the email addresses. If you fix it, I would be very interested in getting a copy.
Damn! I can't deploy my fixed bbtoday to my 8700 because I don't have RIM code signing key to sign it. And it's not worth it for me to buy the key for $100/yr just to fix few bugs.

Looks like the only hope is to report it to sourceforge and wait for their next release.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #12
mave531

Model: 7290
Angry

I have Cingular 7290 BES V4.0.2.56 (platform 1.830.143)
how do I update to 4.1 OTA? can it be done?

Everything that I read states that this upgrade will correct the problem w/BBCorrector error I am getting 'org.w3c.dom.Document'

I am going crazy with this BBCorrector...I need help!!!

Thanks in advance
Closed Thread