BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 09:00 AM   #1
SilverSiR
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers
Cool WGarage: Reverse Phone Lookup Question?

Please Login to Remove!

Was wondering if any other people have installed WGarage: Reverse Lookup successfully. It's a program that allows you to do a reverse lookup on any phone number to get the registered name and address.The problem I'm having is that the 'Reverse Lookup' option only shows in the email program, not my phone program which according to their video and screenshots located on their website should be there.

Hopefully it's me doing something wrong because the program is really cool, even though wireless numbers don't return the full info.

Can someone tell me if the program works properly for them, OTA link is:

http://wgarage.com/bb/reverselookup.jad
Old 01-30-2006, 10:08 AM   #2
BluePolaski
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Try searching the forum for Blackberry 411. Its a cool program that allows you to do reverse phone lookups and has always worked for me.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:14 AM   #3
SilverSiR

Carrier: Rogers

I can't get direct tcp/ip to work so I need WGarage because it allows me to see the results in the browser window.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
Mr Pink57
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePolaski
Try searching the forum for Blackberry 411. Its a cool program that allows you to do reverse phone lookups and has always worked for me.
What exactly do you search in Berry411 to do the reverse lookup? I still havent figured it out.

pink
Old 01-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
What exactly do you search in Berry411 to do the reverse lookup? I still havent figured it out.

pink
Yes I'd Like to know too. Thanks.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 01-30-2006, 12:15 PM   #6
Sparkomatic
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: S & Needles
Carrier: I don't even know her

I've installed Reverse Phone Lookup OTA with no problems. It's a nice little program actually. However, I do think it's a tad expensive but that's just my opinion
Old 01-30-2006, 12:18 PM   #7
BluePolaski

Silver,

There is a thread here somewhere regarding TCP settings for the various carriers (but I am not sure where it is), search for that.

As far as the reverse phone in BB 411, on the first screen click the trackwheel, then choose Search Tools. 2nd option down is reverse phone lookup.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:58 AM   #8
bjones27

Model: 7520

wow thats a great idea!! i had the trial version of the reverse phone look up and it was cool but i never would have though of using berry 411 and putting in the number to get the address. quite cool and quite free lol
Old 01-31-2006, 02:45 AM   #9
Soapm

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

I think in 411 you have to add it as a plugin. Simple enough, chech the plugin faq on the 411 site. You can add dictionary, encyclo etc...
Old 01-31-2006, 09:55 AM   #10
BluePolaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
I think in 411 you have to add it as a plugin. Simple enough, chech the plugin faq on the 411 site. You can add dictionary, encyclo etc...
Not that I know of. I simply downloaded 411 as directed and followed what I said to do above. Go to 411, click wheel and choose SEARCH TOOLS. This will give options for things like address search/map, reverse phone, web site lookups, and news, sports, weather.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:26 AM   #11
KonTiki

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

BluePolaski is correct it does not have to be added at all it is already there under search tools I tried yesterday and worked great, and again a free app, Cant ask for anything better.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 01-31-2006, 03:05 PM   #12
tfaz1

Model: 8700g
Default Reverse Lookup Review

I downloaded and installed reverse lookup 3 days ago. My experience with the product has been *fantastic*. I love Berry 411, but unless I can get reverse lookup functionality right there in the phone app, it's useless to me. Reverse Lookup delivers right where you need it.

Customer service over at WGarage is also great. Very responsive. My only qualm is the price, which could be a little better. Overall, if having reverse lookup capabilities is important, then it's worth the $ to get this product. Great tool for any BB user.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:12 PM   #13
BluePolaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfaz1
I downloaded and installed reverse lookup 3 days ago. My experience with the product has been *fantastic*. I love Berry 411, but unless I can get reverse lookup functionality right there in the phone app, it's useless to me. Reverse Lookup delivers right where you need it.

Customer service over at WGarage is also great. Very responsive. My only qualm is the price, which could be a little better. Overall, if having reverse lookup capabilities is important, then it's worth the $ to get this product. Great tool for any BB user.
So with this program you go into phone app, see a missed call, click on it and you have the option there to do reverse lookup (just like the option to call, save, etc)? That is cool. I guess I just dont mind doing the same thing by highlighting the number, copying it, pasting it in 411 and getting it from there. Not to mention, its free. But everyone has their own preferences.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:56 PM   #14
WGarage

The issue with the Reverse Lookup option not showing up in the Phone menu is that you need to upgrade to OS 4.0.2

Also we have just dropped the price of WGarage: Reverse Lookup to only $19.95!
Old 01-31-2006, 03:58 PM   #15
BluePolaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGarage
The issue with the Reverse Lookup option not showing up in the Phone menu is that you need to upgrade to OS 4.0.2

Also we have just dropped the price of WGarage: Reverse Lookup to only $19.95!
Ok. I am actually not using this I was just trying to get a better understanding of how it worked. I am running OS 4.1. Dropped to $19.95? What was the price before? Is this program ONLY for reverse lookup?
Old 01-31-2006, 05:15 PM   #16
WGarage

The major difference between Berry411 and Reverse Lookup is that it integrates directly into the Phone and Email application. The results also can be displayed in a popup window or the browser for people who don't have access to tcp/ip. You can also add the results directly to your address book.

There's a video you can see on our website: http://www.wgarage.com
Old 02-01-2006, 12:20 AM   #17
Soapm

What, you guys don't add these plugin's http://www.thebogles.com/cgi-bin/about_plugins.py

You say you get these functions on the menu without adding them to the list?
Old 02-01-2006, 04:00 AM   #18
abrecher

Model: 8700g
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSiR
Was wondering if any other people have installed WGarage: Reverse Lookup successfully. It's a program that allows you to do a reverse lookup on any phone number to get the registered name and address.The problem I'm having is that the 'Reverse Lookup' option only shows in the email program, not my phone program which according to their video and screenshots located on their website should be there.

Hopefully it's me doing something wrong because the program is really cool, even though wireless numbers don't return the full info.

Can someone tell me if the program works properly for them, OTA link is:

http://wgarage.com/bb/reverselookup.jad
I'm having the same exact problem. I'm using a BB 7250 from Verizon.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #19
BluePolaski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm
What, you guys don't add these plugin's http://www.thebogles.com/cgi-bin/about_plugins.py

You say you get these functions on the menu without adding them to the list?
No, I guess I wasnt too clear, sorry. You can add these to the list. I have added a few. There are two ways to do reverse phone.

1) Follow the instructions I posted above.

2) Edit Plugins, type "rphone," then when you go to the main screen just enter the phone number, click trackwheel, select "rphone," and away you go.

WGarage,
I guess there are a couple of good features in your program. It is convenient to add the address found directly to your contacts. But $19.95? I guess that is a little steep in my opinion. But if you cant get the TCP stuff to work than its a good option. I am not knocking your product at all, dont get me wrong it does look cool. But for what I use reverse phone for 411 works for me, not to mention I can't cost justify buying this just for a couple of conveniences (yeah I am that broke and cheap). But anyways, everyone has their needs and it does look cool, the web demo was nice too.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #20
Soapm

The more I think about this program the more I wonder how often anyone would have to do a reverse phone look up? I've done my number and the number of a few friends but I can't see the practicallity of purchasing a program specifically for this purpose??? If I get a call from a strange number I answer it and see who it is, if I see the number in my logs I call it and ask who it is and I can't see this program getting you the identity if the caller doesn't want you to know. Then again, how often would that happen anyway?
Closed Thread