pnlrogue

Model: 5820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange (UK)
Unhappy BlackBerry not syncing correctly

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone

I'm a novice BB admin and I'm stuck

We have about 20 people running on BES 4.1 and recently, one of them has stopped getting his e-mails with anything I would describe as regularity. His phone was syncing perfectly for ages when he suddenly started getting them based on some kind of lunar alignment or something...

As a coincidence, we were just about to start migrating to Exchange 2010 so I used this as an excuse to install a BES5X server and migrated him over. Immediately, his e-mails started syncing correctly and all was good with the world until 5 minutes had passed at which point the moon became part of the sync process again

Given that smallish celestial bodies aren't really meant to be part of the sync process, I'm hoping someone here might have an idea as to what the problem might be!

The specifics are that the phone syncs as soon as it is turned on and then with no discernible pattern thereafter. The only useful thing I've got from the BES server (again bearing in mind that I'm a novice BES admin) is that the server quite happily queues the e-mails for delivery when the phone connects to the server, but this connection doesn't seem to be very frequent any more

I've had the user check and he's connected to both the network and the data network with 4 or 5 bars of signal (usually 5)

Any ideas?

Thank you
Old 08-16-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
MasterofKarate
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: None
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: BlackBerry not syncing correctly

Hello,
  • What version of BES?
  • Do any other users complain of the same issues?
  • Is there anything inherently different with his Exchange account than your other BES users?
  • Is he in a different location than normal?
  • Do the messages eventually deliver or do they remain in a pending state? If they deliver, is it a result of troubleshooting you have done (battery pull, resending service books, etc.)
I would try putting him on a static messaging agent to see if this helps:

KB12766-How to assign a BlackBerry smartphone user to a static mailbox agent on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server
Closed Thread