BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 10:42 PM   #1
laweb

Model: 8700c
Smile TO and CC fields

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone know?
How do I remove the extra TO and CC fields?
(When composing new emails)

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:51 PM   #2
SamBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers
Default Automatically

They will disappear automatically from the version of the email that is sent.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:13 AM   #3
laweb

What do you mean?
This BB is connected to an Exchange version of Bes 4.0.
and after enterprise activation, it is still there.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:18 AM   #4
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default That's an ehancement

If you want to add addressees. Won't go away while you address the email but won't show up in the email either. It's a huge improvement for multiple addresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laweb
What do you mean?
This BB is connected to an Exchange version of Bes 4.0.
and after enterprise activation, it is still there.

Last edited by Stinsonddog; 02-04-2006 at 02:43 AM..
Old 02-04-2006, 12:40 PM   #5
laweb

Default TO & CC Fields

I still dont understand.
When composing new email I get 2 TO fields and one CC.
I dont want them to show up.
I want only one TO field.
Is there a way to change it permanently?
Old 02-04-2006, 12:47 PM   #6
mortgageguy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
I still dont understand.
There is way no way to take them out when you are composing the email. When the addressee reads the mail he/she is not going to see these extra fields. This to me is a great feature as it lets you select additional people to send to without having to press the trackwheel to add another. Why does it bother you so much?
Old 02-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #7
laweb

It bothers one of my clients.
I know the recipient will not see it.
I just thought that any addition / improvment by RIM will come with the Option to choose whether I want to have it or not.
Or in other words, give us the option to disable it.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
jjessen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
I still dont understand.
I ha te to be so blunt, but you leave me no choice. In this particular instance, what YOU DON'T WANT does not matter. When you begin to compose the email you have one TO and one CC. After you enter one email address you are given the opportunity to enter another. If you entered a second recipient, guess what, you would then have a third TO. I bet that would cause you to seek therapy. Anyway, this process continues until you skip over the last (emtpy) TO
field to the CC field. CC works the same way. Ouch. When you send the email the empty to's and cc's drop off. It's kinda like magic. Get over it.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:20 PM   #9
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjessen
I ha te to be so blunt, but you leave me no choice. In this particular instance, what YOU DON'T WANT does not matter. When you begin to compose the email you have one TO and one CC. After you enter one email address you are given the opportunity to enter another. If you entered a second recipient, guess what, you would then have a third TO. I bet that would cause you to seek therapy. Anyway, this process continues until you skip over the last (emtpy) TO
field to the CC field. CC works the same way. Ouch. When you send the email the empty to's and cc's drop off. It's kinda like magic. Get over it.

That was out of hand. If you had bother to read his post, it is not him complaining, it is simply one of his clients. And are you always that "blunt"? I agree with the suggestion that there should be an on off button. Now i am not really sure how that would work effectively, but i agree, that would be a nice option.

And another thing. It is kind of annoying to see the To: field and CC: field keeping adding one more than you. Like it is doing it just to spite you. I always knew my BB despised me.

Please for future reference consider what you say and how you say it. It is a very quick way to be tarred and feathered here.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:25 PM   #10
murpheous
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T

but why does it matter? the second you send the message the extra fields are gone. thwy dont show up on the sent email.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:31 PM   #11
jjessen

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyg510
That was out of hand. If you had bother to read his post, it is not him complaining, it is simply one of his clients. And are you always that "blunt"? I agree with the suggestion that there should be an on off button. Now i am not really sure how that would work effectively, but i agree, that would be a nice option.

And another thing. It is kind of annoying to see the To: field and CC: field keeping adding one more than you. Like it is doing it just to spite you. I always knew my BB despised me.

Please for future reference consider what you say and how you say it. It is a very quick way to be tarred and feathered here.

His post stating that it was a client and not him that it bothered was obviously being composed while I was doing the same, it just got submitted before mine.

And another thing. If it is kind of annoying to be given the opportunity to add another recipient, get over it. That way of thinking is WHACK!!

For future reference consider that I always consider what I say and how I say it. Bring on the tar and don't forget the feathers.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #12
penk
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: v6.0.0.461 on Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyg510
I agree with the suggestion that there should be an on off button. Now i am not really sure how that would work effectively, but i agree, that would be a nice option.
one more option to lengthen and complicate code. one more option to act quirky and (possibly) not work everytime. one more option to spur countless useless threads here with stupid, generic and vague subject titles (probably in the wrong forum, after ignoring the search feature) about this function.

the user being inquired for sounds like a mental case. it is users like that which create issues for IT professionals, software designers and everyone along the chain of product/service design and support.

device users should really take a moment (or two) to really consider what goes into making these these devices work, and maybe take a few more moments to learn how to operate the devices. if it doesn't work the way they "think it should", that probably means it can't.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:12 PM   #13
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Carrier: Cingular

While I agree with you all and your statements, I am not aimed at starting an argument. I, simply stating an opinion, have seen to many threads where people have made an obviously rude reply to a comment or suggestion.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and entitled to make comments or ask questions that you may or may not view as stupid, or redundant. This place is supposed to be a friendly environment and I have seen many who are not such. For example and member that called on of our mods advice , "worthless two cents" Why is that necessary?

Also, just for the record, I for one appreciate the time and dedication that IT users and software and device designers demonstrate to create a device just to make the lives of others simpler. Bravo and congrats. ....Now for the tar and feathers!
Old 02-04-2006, 03:06 PM   #14
laweb

Default Read the original message

This is getting out of control.

I am an IT guy myself.

My question was how to diable that feature. I guess I should have explained it in a different way.

I almost never post questions like that since I am able to figure it out myself.
Since I dont have the BB with me, I thought I could ask nice people.

A professional answer would be "it is by design and cannot be disabled"

Just for the record: My client is a hollywood producer and these kind of things do bother him. He knows as well as I know that it is just a manner of time until he gets used to this change and probably like it. But still thought I can ask the question and get a professional answer.

Also, jjessen:
Don't be blunt. be professional. If you can't then don't be...

Thanks to everyone else.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #15
jjessen

Quote:
This is getting out of control.

I am an IT guy myself.

My question was how to diable that feature. I guess I should have explained it in a different way.

I almost never post questions like that since I am able to figure it out myself.
Since I dont have the BB with me, I thought I could ask nice people.

A professional answer would be "it is by design and cannot be disabled"

Just for the record: My client is a hollywood producer and these kind of things do bother him. He knows as well as I know that it is just a manner of time until he gets used to this change and probably like it. But still thought I can ask the question and get a professional answer.

Also, jjessen:
Don't be blunt. be professional. If you can't then don't be...

Thanks to everyone else.
Bluntness is my profession. Your question was a silly one and the fact that this feature bothers your client proves how neurotic hollywood is. Whenever I hear someone say something like "but I don't want it to be that way" about something that IS that way, I feel compelled to call it what it is. Stupid, self-centered and out of touch with reality. Sorry if bluntness is not your style, it is mine.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:33 PM   #16
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold

Another approach is to try my QuickCompose utility -- a MarkyBerry utility -- Only one To field shows up until you enter a name... then only then, a second blank "To:" field shows up after entering the first. It may feel "more intuitive".
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 02-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #17
Inphektion
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: (¯`·.¸at&t¸.·´¯)

I agree with jjessen on this. Even with his replies. You didn't lend yourself to get a professional answer cause after the 3 first people responded the same way you had this comment "...I just thought that any addition / improvment by RIM will come with the Option to choose whether I want to have it or not."

And after that I would be blunt too. Any improvement needs to come with an option to turn it on or off? Really think about that for a minute... no really....
And this improvement is one example where RIM took something already quite simple in their product and made it even easier for the user. And some guy doesn't like the fact that field sits there empty if he choses not to use it? You need to explain to him it would make no sense for RIM to waste a second of time putting an option in some menu somewhere to turn that off, it is that ridiculous.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:54 PM   #18
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold

Easy. Personal attacks are not allowed on BlackBerryForums.

Constructive criticism is welcome, but I frown on the "Stupid, self-centered and out of touch with reality" part. Please stop that.
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Closed Thread