Old 03-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Pathfinder1

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Folders in Docs To Go?

Please Login to Remove!

So,

I have a new 9900 and I have moved documents onto it. No problem.

My concern is that I need to organize the documents into folders. Opening the program and just having this long list of document is not just disorganized but not efficient for finding a document without scrolling .......... endlessly it would seem.

I wnat folders to help organize my docs. For example Work personal, school etc.

I used to use D2G on an older BB and there was a desk top sync thing that allowed this.

Whats the deal?

Thanks
Old 03-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Folders in Docs To Go?

I'm not sure what you are after. Why not just create folders and move files? It would be most efficient to connect to a computer with mass storage mode enabled, and do it with the computer, but you could also do it on the BlackBerry with the native files app.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
Pathfinder1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
I'm not sure what you are after. Why not just create folders and move files? It would be most efficient to connect to a computer with mass storage mode enabled, and do it with the computer, but you could also do it on the BlackBerry with the native files app.
What I did originally was, while tethered, I created 3 folder.

Then I just dragged and dropped the documents to each folder as pertinent.

Closed everything up and disconnected from my laptop.

Opened Doc 2 Go and bingo! There are all the files in a long list. NOT the 3 individual folder they were in. So what I have is a list of say 25 documents.

That's an awfully unorganized approach to things. Because I now have client specific documents and invoices mixed in with training outlines, power points, and generic documents.

So now I have to scroll down what is now only 25 documents, but what happens as time goes on and the list grows?

I run a small training and consulting business and am very mobile. at some point I want things to be more organized than just a lengthy list of documents.

I may be doing this wrong but I'm just not seeing my mistake if thats what is happening.

PS____ When I use the native files approach I get to and see the three folders. and that's fine but is there a away to make jumping to that the priority? as it is now I have to click on several folders to finally get to the "documents" folder.

Last edited by Pathfinder1; 03-10-2012 at 07:00 AM..
Old 03-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

I understand what you mean now, I think.

The Docs to Go app does have Browse at the top of the list (with a folder icon). Below is Add. Click Browse and you see the directory structure on the media card (at least on my 9900 it shows the media card first).

I guess the logic of the list is to use search as you would in contacts. But if it is a long list and you don't know what file you want, use Browse when that would be more efficient than scrolling. That's how I make sense of it anyway.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 03-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
Pathfinder1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
I understand what you mean now, I think.

The Docs to Go app does have Browse at the top of the list (with a folder icon). Below is Add. Click Browse and you see the directory structure on the media card (at least on my 9900 it shows the media card first).

I guess the logic of the list is to use search as you would in contacts. But if it is a long list and you don't know what file you want, use Browse when that would be more efficient than scrolling. That's how I make sense of it anyway.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Thank you...
Seems like the older PAID version of D2G had a desktop sync that set up folders for you an then synched appropriately.

That is seemingly not the case with the version that is supposedly the premium (yet free) version on the 9900.

What a completely Fcked program this version is.

Oh well.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Sounds to me like we are still not talking about the same thing. Not exactly. The old paid version did allow use of a sync app downloaded and installed on a PC. As I recall, it would duplicate the subdirectory structure in the sync folder. But I don't really remember how things displayed in the docs to go app on the BlackBerry--as far as I recall it was a list of files as it is now.

By the way, I believe Desktop Manager will sync files. I haven't been using it so can't say anything about it.