Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #1
ruggb

Model: 9330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: pp
Default help me upgrage

Please Login to Remove!

This is a problem I created. I bought a used 9330. I have not activated it yet. It had 6.0.0.431 on it. I need to be able to turn off mobile data but not WiFi or phone before I decide to activate it on my PagePlus account. Before I searched for the answer, I decided to upgrade to 6.0.0.524. That went fine. But that didn't solve the problem. I find that OS7 will do what I want but I can't load that on a 9330, so I decided to try downgrading to OS5. That went fine. But that doesn't give me what I want either. After a few searches and posting a question I find I can't make a 9330 work that way period. OK, put it back to 6.0.0.524 and sell it. ALAS, I can't do that now as it tells me I need to have a valid BB account to updrade to OS6.

HOW do I get this back to 6.0.0.524??????????

thx
Old 06-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors
Default Re: help me upgrage

Manual device OS upgrade instructions:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed KB10339-How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

Enjoy the new OS.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Closed Thread