Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8705g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Blackberry Bookmarks

Please Login to Remove!

Can you get that bookmark tab to stay expanded and NOT have to keep hitting Expand?
Old 03-10-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
emporer_troy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

I would like to know the same thing
Old 03-10-2006, 11:24 AM   #3
go2duke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703
Carrier: Verizon

I have tried to no avail to get that to work... I have no decided to keep all bookmarks under "links" since that apparently is the default and shows up all the time. I am trying to find what I consider to be a good portal to start at as the homepage when you click the browser but haven't found one I like yet. This would eliminate the bookmarks from coming up by default.

-G2D
Old 03-10-2006, 11:26 AM   #4
overmycrossbody

Model: 7130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by go2duke
I have tried to no avail to get that to work... I have no decided to keep all bookmarks under "links" since that apparently is the default and shows up all the time. I am trying to find what I consider to be a good portal to start at as the homepage when you click the browser but haven't found one I like yet. This would eliminate the bookmarks from coming up by default.

-G2D
I use the personalized google page as my home page.... news, sports, weather, etc., all there together. Very nice.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #5
izeyah

Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by overmycrossbody
I use the personalized google page as my home page.... news, sports, weather, etc., all there together. Very nice.
i'm on ev-do and it still seems like it takes too long for that page to come up. it redirects or does about 3 reloads before actually coming up. other than that, i love the personalized google page.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #6
overmycrossbody

Model: 7130e

Quote:
Originally Posted by izeyah
i'm on ev-do and it still seems like it takes too long for that page to come up. it redirects or does about 3 reloads before actually coming up. other than that, i love the personalized google page.
You're right, it's not as fast as I would like either. Actually, even on a 10Mbps network here at work, there's a good bit of latency when I go to the site... not likely a connection SPEED problem, but rather a latency in looking up the user's info or something similar.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:37 PM   #7
go2duke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Verizon

I am debating on hosting my own page on my domain to use as a startoff page. I will try and keep it tiny, however I need to do some research on wap/wml type pages...

Anyway, it's something to do. I will tinker with it this weekend and see if I can get something up there. Nothing fancy but basic links that are popular and useful for me.

I will post it if it becomes a reality.

-G2D
Old 03-10-2006, 10:57 PM   #8
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default No but you can do this

I keep three or four folders. You need to be skilled an naming your Bookmarks. If you start to type the name it will shorten the list based on spelling. Give it a try and you can see how selectively naming your bookmarkts will make it easy to manage in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric0668
Can you get that bookmark tab to stay expanded and NOT have to keep hitting Expand?
Old 03-10-2006, 11:06 PM   #9
eric0668
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8705g
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Thanks .

and a few questions from you and a few quotes above

1. so how does me creating more folders and type the bookmarks eliminate folders...newbie

2. when it asks me to choose folder. It is a new BB th eonly one I have is Blackberry Bookmarks and it lists one, WHICH I DONT need, but it is hidden, DOWNLOADS (Where is it..it is frustrating me LOL)

3.I see someone mentioned getting another browser. We can pick our browser. What one do I have now 7105t tmobile. It is not IE is it? Can we get IE or firefox..do they make a mobile vesion.

4. And someone mentioned speed. We all move at different speeds? I thought the bb would move at the same speed for all. How do we increase that , other than the usual computer things, deleting cookies files, etc..

Eric
Closed Thread